THREE

o

o. LoveSomeone.
[ Chapter Three! ]

It was just about twelve thirty when Brayden arrived back at his place, pulling out his keys and unlocking the front door with a sigh.

After their parking lot make out session, Brayden and Eliza went their separate ways, agreeing they'd definitely talk and make plans to see each other again. Brayden was content with that, and it seemed like Eliza was too. When they agreed to hang out again, there was no seductive gestures or lustful stares. It was like they were just friends, planning the next time they were going to sit and make friendship bracelets. Of course, what they had just done was not something just friends did.

The door slammed shut behind Brayden, knocking him out of his thoughts. Just as he was going to make his way back to his room, a sound came from the kitchen, Brayden freezing mid step.

"Who's at the door? Is Brayden back? Is she with him?" The boy's shoulders slumped at the sound of Nikita Zucherov's voice.

Steven poked his head around the corner from the kitchen, seeing Brayden and only him. "Nope, he's alone. A-and he looks... angry?"

Brayden rolled his eyes as he walked into the kitchen, Steven and Nikita sitting in the bar stools, a plate of fruit on the counter and drinks in hand. "What the hell are you guys still doing here?" He questioned forcefully, referring to the few hours prior when they had suggested Brayden go and meet his 'friend'. The two had insisted they just finish their drinks before heading on their way.

Nikita gave Steven a look before spinning around in his chair, stopping to look at the young boy who stood at the edge of the counter. "You see... we were going to leave... but then Pens tied it and it went into Overtime."

Steven rolled his heads, slapping his winger in the arm as he continued to spin. "What he means is, we're stilling finishing our drinks... yeah."

Brayden rolled his eyes, reaching out to take Nikita's drink from his hand. He finished the last quarter, setting the glass down with a thud. "Anyways..." Nikita started, "how was the date?"

The boy couldn't help smile as he recalled the night. "It wasn't technically a date.. but it was great. She's great," he nodded, wiping the smile off his face as he looked back and forth from the two.

Steven squinted his eyes, studying the young adult for a moment. "Are you sure?" Brayden's eyebrows immediately furrowed but before he could question his captain, he continued speaking. "I mean if it was truly great, she'd be with you right now... here."

That was probably right, in most instances. But for Brayden and Eliza, that wasn't exactly the case. Yes, the two flirted all night, and they kissed. However, Brayden at least, didn't feel the need to go any further. He was content with the kiss, and by the way Eliza looked to the ground with rosy cheeks after, she was content with that too. It was confusing Brayden thought, after he had kissed her cheek and watched her drive away. That whole night they were teetering on the line of acting like friends and as if they were on date.

Nikita glanced between the two he was in the middle of, a perplexed look on his face before nodding, agreeing with his captain. "Stammers right. What, did she react wrong when you told her?"

"No!" Brayden squealed right away before coughing, lowering his voice. "No. She watches basketball more, her dad really likes hockey though. She kinda just waved it off, agreed it was cool I played for Tampa and then moved on. If we talked about it, it was mostly just about the busy schedule. It was good- nice."

Nikita nodded smugly, Steven grinning in approval. "I'm glad. You showed me her picture, I like her response. I like her. You have my blessing. You may date."

Nikita nodded slowly, "yeah. You have mine too. But! But, if you break her heart, I'll break your face."

Brayden furrowed his brows, "you haven't even met-" The look Nikita gave the boy, silenced him as he then turned the warning glare into a grin. "God," he mumbled, "I didn't know I was meeting her parents tonight too."

Nikita stood up, taking a few steps to get to Brayden, giving him a hard pat on the back. "Now, Stammer. Are we sharing the guest bed or are you taking the couch?"

Brayden threw his arms up in the air, shaking his head with a smile on his face. "Oh yeah, stay the night! Take the guest room well your at it!"

Nikita gave the winger another pat on the back, "we were doing that anyways. C'mon Pointer, keep up, eh?"