SIX

o

o. LoveSomeone.
[ Chapter Six! ]

People say everyone has that one person. That person that makes you do wild things, something you've never done or would ever think of doing. It could be something like going swimming with sharks. Or maybe something more extreme like skydiving, or bungee jumping. Whatever it is, whatever you'd never want to do, you'd do it. Only because that persons there with you. Whether you want to or not, you'll do that one thing because of that one person. It can be a friend, a family member, a best friend, a boyfriend, girlfriend, anyone.

To Eliza, that person just so happened to be Brayden.

Now it wasn't something as extravagant as skydiving, or risking your life to swim with sharks, however it was something Eliza would never do — get up early enough to watch the sunset. 

The girl loved her sleep — she needed it, or no one would want to stand within a twenty foot radius. However after getting a text from Brayden the night before saying he wanted to take her out on a date, Eliza was quick to agree. Not asking when exactly this date would be.

Brayden knew Eliza didn't like formal things, however he wanted to make their first date memorable. He didn't want to spend it cooped up in her apartment watching movies; though that wouldn't be a horrible idea.

After a lot of protesting, Eliza finally gave in and agreed to go on this date, though she was not looking forward to waking up so early.

Brayden had shown up at Eliza's door, waking the girl up at 4:30. Unlike the girl, he was dressed nice in grey khakis and a navy blue and mustard coloured flannel that was tight against his biceps. His blue eyes were lively and his hair was a perfect tousled mess as usual.

Throwing on a pair of leggings and an oversized hoodie that had her university on it, Eliza made it out the door in record time. She was up, she didn't want to miss the sunrise now.

It was for that reason the two were the only ones on the beach, walking on the shoreline as a slight breeze ruffled their hair, sending waves crashing by their feet.

Due to the fact the sun hadn't risen yet, it was still quite dark. Though, Brayden had planned everything out perfect so just as the boy finished explaining today was his last day in Tampa before taking off to Dallas then Winnipeg and Colorado before flying back home, they made it to a small secluded spot where a blanket and picnic basket sat.

Eliza smiled as she eyed the set up, turning to see Brayden staring at her cautiously. "I love it," she breathed, reassuring the boy.

Brayden smiled as he grabbed her hand pulling her down gently to the blanket. A small giggle came from the blonde as she was tugged down.

Brayden pulled a huge fruit platter out of the basket, placing it in front of the girl. The two dug right it, making small talk and joking around, shoving one another playfully.

Finally, the sun began to rise and both Brayden and Eliza watched with wide eyes as the beautiful colours blended together. The view made Eliza gasp — she had always assumed sunsets and sunrises were the same. How wrong she was.

The two sat in silence, arms brushing up against each other as they watched the sun come up. The breeze was slight but calming, hearing the palm trees shake comforted them both. Far off in the distance, they could hear the passing of cars as they drove by.

Forcing a yawn, Brayden nonchalantly threw his arm around Eliza's shoulder, drawing her in closer to his side. She immediately looked up at the hockey player, a small smirk on her lips as Brayden slightly turned to look at her.

"You're an idiot, Brayden," she declared as she giggled, letting herself lean into the boy who smelled like shaving cream and cologne.

Brayden only replied with a boyish grin as he laughed through his nose, his eyes searching hers.

Neither would break the intense staring contest they were having, both staying completely still well they searched each others eyes.

Slowly, Eliza automatically leaned forward, Brayden following. Just as their lips were about to touch, a seagull screeched and Brayden turned his head, Eliza pulling back in instinct.

Brayden scratched his head as he stared out at the ocean. His head stayed where it was however his eyes darted to the side, trying to look at Eliza.

Eliza's gaze lingered on Brayden for a moment, biting her lip as a defeated sigh escaped her lips. Reluctantly, she turned her head and watched the waves crash on shore, savouring the warmth radiating from Brayden's body well she still could.