TWO

o

o. LoveSomeone.
[ Chapter Two! ]

The sound of the palm trees ruffling along with Brayden's laughter, sent a smile to Eliza's face. She turned to the boy, giggling as she wiped vanilla ice cream from his nose.

"That was the cutest thing I've ever seen," her head rolled back as she laughed, the image of Brayden going to scratch ice cream off his nose only to get more on, fresh in her mind.

Brayden replied with a wide grin at the girl, his hair a tousled mess as he veered off to the side to throw his empty cup in the garbage. Eliza did the same, joining the boy once again as they walked back towards her car.

The night had went well. Once the two got past greetings and introductions, it was like they had known each other for a long time. Brayden was excited he had finally met a girl that didn't overreact when he had announced he was a professional hockey player. And Eliza, well she was just happy to have found a guy that wasn't a douche.

After letting him pay for the ice cream, she had asked him about his day and plans for the weekend when he had replied with a simple "not a lot". Brayden's team was on a three game home stand which meant he got to spend his weekend in Tampa; commuting from his apartment to the rink.

Brayden then decided to return the question and laughed as Eliza's eyes went wide. She sheepishly replied with watching Netflix and any basketball games she could find. The boy nodded his head with a small smile on his face, not knowing if her watching basketball instead of hockey was a good or bad thing.

Eliza, who picked up on the internal debate, smiled, letting a breath out through her nose. "Don't worry, I watch hockey on the occasion. There's this one kid, Brayden Point, I think his name is-" she paused slightly to see Brayden grinning, she had to bite her lip to stop herself from smirking. "- everyone talks about him, and although hes very cute, I don't see the big deal."

Brayden's face fell slightly before he comprehended the compliment and ducked his head slightly in embarrassment. He didn't say a thing, deciding to show his happiness with a smile.

The two pulled up to Eliza's car, awkwardly shuffling around as they both didn't know how to say goodbye. The night was over, it being just past midnight, however the two weren't ready to say goodbye. In between the laughter and jokes, they had hit it off.

It could've been they just didn't want to stop the conversation that was easily flowing, or it was the fact they were both aware of what happens at this point of the night. They were young, they have friends, they know what normally takes place after the first meeting. Especially if they hit it off over text before hand.

Brayden took a small step forward, his head ducked, his hands in his jogger pockets as the wind picked up, his red and black flannel flowing out behind him. Eliza dug through her purse in search of her keys, her back brushing up against the passenger door.

The boy took another small step forward, his hands still in his pockets as if he wanted to hide his uneasiness. This closed majority of the distance between the two, their bodies extremely close.

The close proximity finally dawned on Eliza as she slowly took the tiniest step back, fully leaning against her car as she lifted her head to meet Brayden's eyes.

His blue eyes were beautiful. Full of confusion, nervousness and lust— but beautiful nonetheless.

"I-" He met her eyes before gazing down at her pink tainted lips. "You got a little something, right... here—" Brayden mumbled out as he connected his lips softly with hers, pulling the same trick Eliza had; only instead, she had been serious, and had lightly touched his nose with her index finger.

The kiss was very slow and filled with doubt at first— both not knowing if they were doing the right thing. Then, then the two young adults instincts kicked in and their lips moved quickly as the kiss deepened, their bodies as close as possible.