TWELVE

o

o. LoveSomeone.
[ Chapter Twelve! ]

The car was filled with awkward silence as the two pulled out of the parking lot of the gala. Both Eliza and Brayden were battling the same thoughts that seemed to be in the back of their minds, however neither said anything.

Without knowing, the two sat in the same boat. They were both desperately trying to see the other as something more than just a friend. Both were attracted to each other, though, there was never a sudden desire to feel their lips on theirs.

Nothing was wrong with that, Brayden certainly knew that, as did Eliza. However, they matched on Tinder, Tinder. They met up and made out against a car because they wanted to be more than friends. You don't meet up with someone looking for a friendship. Thats not how these things work. Eliza's a good girl, perfect even, she's the last piece of the puzzle of Brayden's life.

The young man simply couldn't name one flaw about the beautiful girl he found, he really did like her. Teammates and friends telling him they were meant to be nothing more than friends simply pissed him off, and he was determined to prove them wrong. He likes Eliza, he really does.

Stuck in his thoughts, Brayden's hands curled around the steering wheel tighter, his knuckles turning white. Speeding up, he drove straight through the light that lead to Eliza's apartment -- he drove through the light he was suppose to turn at.

"Well, I guess I'm not going back to my apartment tonight?" Eliza huffed, though it came out as a question. That was the first thing she uttered since they jumped into the car.

"Nope," was all the boy responded with as his foot pressed down harder on the gas pedal.

Eliza and Brayden stood shifting uneasily in the elevator as both watched the floor number raise. After a car ride with nothing but the radio playing quietly as background noise, both could feel the awkward tension.

After momentarily debating whether or not he should say or do what he wanted to do, Brayden finally spoke up.

"I like you, Eliza, I hope you know that." He was only able to maintain eye contact for a moment before his eyes found the ground. Those words made his stomach churn.

This took the girl by surprise, her eyes widening the slightest at his words. "I-I like you too," she replied after regaining her composure, swallowing the lump in her throat.

Brayden only nodded at her words as he took his hands out of his pocket's once the elevator doors slid open. Grabbing her hand gently, he rushed down the hall to his door, Eliza having to lightly jog to keep up with the athlete. With his free hand, Brayden unlocked his door and was quick to rush the two in.

Closing the door with a loud thud, he slipped off his shoes and watched as Eliza did the same. She seemed nervous almost, as she slowly stood up and faced the boy.

The two stood at Brayden's front door, gazing at each other as their minds swirled with conflicting thoughts.

Brayden glanced at the ground, rocking back and forth on his heels before finding Eliza's soft eyes once again. "I-" The girl started but was cut off as Brayden leaped forward, pressing his lips against hers, backing Eliza up against the door.

Eliza was quick to melt into the boy, her lips moving in sync with his. When he would kiss her before, Eliza always felt... well she didn't know. It was a weird feeling when they kissed. However this time, this kiss was different. This time, the kiss was filled with aggression.

After being like that for god knows how long, the two slowly made their way to Brayden's room. Brayden's flannel and Eliza's black dress coat were the breadcrumbs that lead the way from the front door to the bed.

As the two laid on the bed, tongues battling and bodies intertwined, Eliza's stomach started to churn. She was in the process of getting Brayden's t-shirt over his head when her body tensed and her eyes slowly started to open.

The boy broke the heated kiss to get his shirt over his head, which lead the two to open their eyes again. Being in such an intimate state and the close proximity startled them both as this was all new. Suddenly, everything changed.

Brayden became self conscious, scared Eliza didn't want this. "I-is this okay?" He questioned, not knowing what else he should say.

"Y-yeah," Eliza responded barely audible as a shiver was sent up her spine.

"Did you... wanna do this?" The boy raised his eyebrow, noticing for the first time how nervous he was to hear her answer.

The pause was much longer this time as Eliza took a deep breath, only nodding. "Are you going to- um- take off your pants?" Her voice got higher as she asked the question, brushing a piece of hair behind her ear.

The hockey player licked his lips, not knowing exactly what he should say. Before, he thought he wanted this. Now, he wasn't so certain.

"Uh- well, are you going to take off your dress?"

Eliza cocked her head back as she opened her mouth to reply, then closed it again. "I a- it's cold." She stated firmly.

Brayden let out a sigh, Eliza doing the same as she pushed herself off the boy and sat cross-legged beside him. The boy was still laying on his back, a blank expression on his face as he shifted his attention to the girl.

"You don't wanna do this."

Eliza crossed her arms over her chest, clearly uncomfortable. Her gaze dropped to the bed sheets as she replied quietly. "You don't want to."

He froze. Brayden's body tensed, his breath hitched in his throat and his eyes violently searched Eliza's face as if that would reveal the right response.

"I never said I didn't, but if you don't... -" He didn't want to stop if that was what Eliza wanted.

"I never said I didn't either..." She was quick to respond, however she stayed planted where she was.

Brayden was quiet for a moment before letting out a breath. "We're just friends."

Eliza's head snapped up, her eyes lighting up at the boy's words. "Are you okay with that?"

"Are you?"

As the two both slowly nodded ever so slightly, they realized they reached an understanding. They realized they both felt the same way.

All this time, they thought being a couple was what was meant to happen. They weren't necessarily upset at the idea, however friends appealed to both of them more. Neither just wanted to admit it, afraid the other would be heartbroken.

Eliza and Brayden broke out into laughter, finding the whole situation rather funny. As the laughter died down, they both looked at each other happily, smiles glued to their lips.

"C'mere," Brayden opened his arms, still laying in the same position.

Eliza grinned happily as she fell into the boys side, his arm wrapped around her back. She smiled, finally finding comfort in his arms at the thought of having a platonic relationship with the boy she's grown to love so much. Brayden sighed in content as well.

"So I'm assuming we won't end up on TV reciting our wonderful Tinder experience, huh?"

AUTHORS NOTE! anddd thats the end! im really sorry this took so long, and im really sorry if this wasn't the best, but god am i happy i finally finished this! thank you so much for all the support, it means the word to me. i love you!