TEN

o

o. LoveSomeone.
[ Chapter Ten! ]

Palm trees thrashed violently due to the wind, waves crashed the shore with a deafening thud and while Tampa was getting pounded by rain, Brayden, Steven, Nikita and Anthony (Cirelli) all camped out in Brayden's apartment to watch The Leafs blow a three-nothing lead against Boston.

"Just you wait, Matthews will score and the Leafs will hold them off for the last few minutes," Steven predicted as the Matthews line got ready for a face-off in the Bruins end.

The four were silent for a moment as they watched Bergeron cleanly win the draw. "Eh... they'll choke, Bruins will win."

"That poor goalie..." Anthony mumbled in reference to Andersen as he shook his head, engrossed in the game.

Brayden sat in silence as he watched the game, checking his phone every few minutes. He was talking to Eliza, but she hasn't said anything for almost twenty minutes.

Eliza and Brayden continued to hang out as much as possible, though with the Lightning so close to playoffs, its been very inconsistent. However, when they can't hang out, they settle for texting; lots of it.

He loves her. Brayden loves Eliza. Brayden Point loves Eliza Mckinley — but it's not that simple. Since kissing the first time they met, theres been a certain tension neither could put their finger on. Whenever they hang out, its like two 'ol pals just catching up. With a little flirty banter.

Not that neither are complaining. Them being themselves and having a good time is them being friends. It only gets awkward when they're about to part ways or around other people. They'll stand in front of each other stiffly, not knowing whether they should hug, kiss or shake hands. Most of the time it's a quick hug or kiss however Brayden will never forget the first time where he may or may not have swerved when Eliza tried to kiss him. Whoops.

A knock on the door and all three boys screaming at the TV when Marchand got a penalty with thirty seconds left, knocks Brayden out of his thoughts.

The boy jogged to the door, immediately swinging it open to reveal Eliza. Her hair that cascaded down past her shoulders was damp from the rain and she wore an oversized Tampa Bay Lightning sweater that he gave her after she slept over one night. She wore grey oversized sweatpants and brown Uggs to top off her signature look.

"Eliza?" Brayden blinked in surprise while he stepped back from the door, letting the girl slip in and take off her shoes. "What're you doing here?"

"I need to use your TV. My powers out and the Heat are currently beating Golden State. I need to see how this turns out." Before Brayden could reply, she started towards the TV, looking for the remote. "Hi guys," she smiled as she picked up the remote, already knowing the channel the game was and finding it.

"Hey!" All three boys yelled angerily, Brayden coming up behind Eliza to easily take the remote from her hands.

"Sorry Bub, Leafs are Bruins are going into overtime," he explained switching the channel back with the remote high above his head. Eliza tried jumping for it however even with Brayden's height, she couldn't.

"You want it?" Brayden teased as he dropped his hand for a moment only to bring it back up when she tried to jump for it.

"Damn you Brayden Point, and your long arms," she huffed out, giving up on the TV. She headed down the hallway towards Brayden's room, looking for his Macbook she could use to find the game instead.

"Love you too!" He yelled at her, Eliza flipping him the bird as she disappeared into his room.

Brayden plopped back down onto the couch with a sigh, flipping his attention to the game. When Marner had a shot on goal and it rang off the post, the boy let his gaze travel over his teammates who weren't watching the game, but instead, watching him.

"What?" He questioned with furrowed eyebrows. Anthony and Nikita looked at Steven and gave him a nod, their attentions returning back to the game.

Steven rolled his eyes at his teammates before licking his lips, trying to find the perfect words. "Well..." he started, not sure how he should go about this. "I've been watching you and Eliza a lot. When we're all together and stuff..."

"Yeah and?"

"I've just... noticed things. That's all."

"Like what?" Brayden's voice was straining, he wanted Steven to get to the point.

He took a deep breath, glancing at the TV before finding Brayden again. "I've just noticed your forced hugs and kisses. I can see you both forcing yourselves into kissing each other around other people. But when it's just us, you two are completely different. You don't remind me of a couple... that's all."

Brayden's gaze softened at his captains words, "what do we remind you of?"

There was a long pause before he spoke. "Siblings."

AUTHORS NOTE! guess whos back? back again?! i havent been active for awhile but after reading some comments I realized that I wanted to finish this book! I dont know how consistent I'll be, but im gonna try to finish this! thank you all so so so much for the support, it means the world to me. I love you.