NINE

o

o. LoveSomeone.
[ Chapter Nine! ]

Eight days. It had been eight days since Brayden and Eliza last saw each other. And although the two were both busy — Brayden having a game almost every other night and Eliza doing her everyday things — neither could wait until they saw each other again.

It wasn't exactly because they craved the affection, but more so the laughs and the teasing as they sprawled out on the floor watching whatever they could find well talking about the most random things.

As soon as the team plane touched down in Tampa, Brayden jumped into his car and headed straight to Eliza's place. Having changed out of his suit on the plane, Brayden stood in front of her door, sporting grey Nike sweats and a Tampa Bay Lightning hoodie. He ran his fingers threw his hair as the door swung open to reveal Eliza in flannel pajama shorts and an oversized grey hoodie on.

"Hi," Brayden smiled, happy to see the girl again.

Eliza replaced the shock expression on her face with a smile. "Hey," she breathed, a little suspicious due to the lack of knowing he was coming. "What are you doing here?"

As she asked the question, she pulled the door back more, stepping aside to let the boy in. Brayden slid off his shoes, taking in the coconut candle that was burning in the kitchen, before replying. "I haven't see you in eight days, and thats what I get?" He teased, shoving the girl in the arm before heading towards the kitchen, Eliza in tow.

"Uh, yeah pretty much. What are you doing here?" Eliza repeated the question as she grabbed two bottles of water from her fridge, sliding one across the counter to Brayden who was sitting on the bars stools.

Brayden put on a fake frown, his eyes meeting hers in a pout. "Do you not want me here?"

Eliza rolled her eyes, licking her lips as she took a sip of water. "I never said that. I just want to know why you came straight here. You must be exhausted, and I would like to know why you're interrupting my Netflix marathon."

Brayden smiled, laughing through is nose. "I wanted to see you because I thought maybe you missed me as much as I missed you. And two, who said you needed to stop the Netflix binging — ? Actally no, I take that back. You do. I was playing Brayden Coburn in Go Fish on the plane and I think I can finally beat you."

Eliza chuckled as she shook her head, immediately going to grab the cards. "I'm going to go out on a wild guess and say Brayden won."

Brayden cracked a smile at Eliza's joke, however he covered it up with a blank expression as he popped a bag of microwave popcorn in the microwave. "I would laugh, because that was pretty good, however its game time. No time for jokes. You're going to get your ass handed to you. I'm not going home until I finally beat you."

Eliza shut the cabinet, turning around to face Brayden with the cards in hand. She quirked an eyebrow intimidatingly, "I have a feeling you'll be spending the night."