FOUR

o

o. LoveSomeone.
[ Chapter Four! ]

The first date is suppose to be magical. When you spend the night out with that person, you just know. They're the one.

Eliza loved her night with Brayden, however those thoughts were not running through her mind.

Of course, his face and body attracted her. His bubbly yet shy and quiet personality captivated her, and his all around demeanour made her heart melt. However, there wasn't that spark. Her heart wasn't racing at the sound of his name. She wasn't in a frenzy wondering if he enjoyed the night just as much as she did.

Her thoughts dragged her in deeper and deeper, the confusion Eliza felt blinded her to the fact her best friend was still up when she walked through the door.

"Hey," Lauren smiled from her spot on the couch, glancing up quickly before focussing back on the TV.

The blonde shook her head to clear her thoughts. "Hey, binging Nine-Nine without me?" Eliza chuckled as she slipped her shoes off, walking around the couch before flopping back on it with a sigh.

"I couldn't help myself, sorry. I'll rewatch them all with you though!" Lauren paused the show, turning her body that was hidden by the fluffy blanket, towards her best friend.

Eliza shrugged, picking at her chipped nails. "I've already finished the show."

"You bitch! You said you'd wait for me!" Lauren's mouth dropped, her eyes narrowing at her roommate.

"Whoops," Eliza shrugged, chuckling well grinning widely at Lauren.

The brown haired girl replied with a shake of her head, rolling her brown eyes. "So, how was your night? Is he as cute as he is in the pictures?"

"Oh yes," Eliza replied instantly, a smile forming on her lips. "Very cute. And super sweet and funny. Twenty outta ten for sure." The girl giggled though she was completely serious.

Lauren nodded approvingly, "thats awesome! So? Are you going see him again?"

Eliza nodded, feeling like a middle schooler coming back from their first date. "Yeah... we started talking about what to do next. He wants to make this an official date."

"I'm so happy for you, thats awesome!"

"Yeah, he was super... nonchalant, too. Like, I found out he plays for the Lightning, and he was so humble about it," Eliza explained.

"Oh my god, if you don't marry him, I will," Lauren flopped back on the couch, a heavy sigh escaping her lips.

"Twelve out of ten kisser, too," she decided to admit, loving the reaction Lauren gave her.

Eliza decided to leave out the part about not knowing how she felt about the kiss. Yes, the kiss itself was great, better than great; however it felt forced, almost. Like the expectations got in the way and they kissed not because they wanted to, but because they had too.

Lauren groaned from her spot on the couch. "God, you're killing me over here. Go to your room already, save it for your diary."

This was Eliza's turn to roll her blue eyes back. She stifled a yawn as she got up off the couch, stretching her arms out in the process. "Goodnight," she mumbled.

"Goodnight," Lauren mumbled, offering her best friend a smile as she stalked down the hall to her bedroom. "Lucky bitch," she mumbled as Eliza walked out of sight.