Symtoms

Devan POV
"Yo Collins, stop it bro." I can't help but grin at his ridiculous song. But I really need to finish this painting if I'm going to present it at the art show tomorrow. "Hey it's not my fault you waited till last minute" Collins says. I glare at him and he puts his hands up in surrender. "Ok geesh, just trying to have some fun."
As Collins leaves, I start to feel guilty. He was just trying to make me less tense. But at this point I'm beyond help. I am a nervous wreck about the art show.
I turn back to my painting and immediately my nerves are calmed.

Collins POV
By the look Devan just gave me I could tell he was tense. I don't get what the big deal is, he usually just makes paintings for fun. Oh crap! Devan's big art show is tomorrow! Ugh I'm supposed to go on a date with Regan. Looks like I'll have to cancel.
I'm sucked out of my thoughts when I trip on the last step on my way down the stairs. Ow. My mom comes running in. "Sweetie are you ok!"

Anne POV
I'm putting the cookies in the oven when I hear a big thump come from the other room. I run in and see Collins sprawled out at the bottom of the stairs. "Sweetie are you ok!"
"Ya mom, I just tripped." I sigh and help him up. After careful inspection for any injuries I kiss his cheek. I notice something is bothering him. "Why the gloomy look?"
"I was supposed to go on a date tomorrow night with a girl named Regan, but it looks like I'll have to reschedule because of Devan's art show."
I raise my eyebrows in surprise. How come I haven't heard about this girl? He sees the quirk of my eyebrows and blushes. I laugh.

Devans POV
I hear Collins say to mom about rescheduling a date and feel guilty. I know he really likes this girl. All of the sudden a wave of nausea comes over me. I stumble to the bathroom where I puke my guts out.

Collins POV
I blush as mom raises her eyebrows. She just laughs. A smile tugs on my lips. I love how my mom is so cool about dating. I'm about to ask my mom what that amazing smell coming from the kitchen is when I hear a blluk-pak-bllla. And again and again. It sounds like someone is throwing up. I look at my mom and see concern spread across her face we both run upstairs.

Stevens POV
I sigh as I pull into the garage. When I turn off the car, I break. "Dammit! Why?" Today I was let go from my work. I run my hands over my head as I think of a way to tell my wife that I just lost my job.
A scream shatters my thoughts. That was Anne. I get out of the car and run upstairs to find Anne and Collins looking into the bathroom with a horrified look.
I look down and see Devan passed out on the ground with a disturbing amount of throw up around him. It was everywhere. Everywhere.
It's covering the bathroom curtain and floor. It looks like Devan tried to get it in the toilet, but it was literally overflowing. Devan was as white as chalk. I snap out of my shock and we all spring into action.

~~~time skip~~~

I pace impatiently around the waiting room as the doctor explains that Devan's symptoms are quite unnerving.

-------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys so this is my first book so sorry if it's crap. Let me know if you like it. Also comment what you think the meaning of the picture up above is and you could get featured in the story.