CHAPTER TEN- Yellow Light

Aphmau's POV
We continued to head towards Phoenix Drop. I was writing in a journal I wrote in when I found out, or learned to control a new power.

I looked to my left and saw Aaron reading. Wonder what he's reading. I continued writing but he put his book down and looked at me, I looked back and smiled.

Aph- you ok?
Aar- what? OH! Yeah sorry.
Aph- it's ok Aaron.
Aar- I hope we can fix this.
Aph- as long as I have you back, I'll be fine.

We snuggled into each other and talked about random things. I even said that I cooked cinnamon rolls with 10 cups of sugar once. I'm so weird...

Travis's POV
I was standing at the edge of the boat looking forward, I knew we were going to hit Phoenix Drop soon so I was being cautious.

About an hour later I saw Phoenix Drop. I ran down to tell everyone.

Travis- GUYS!
Katelyn- what Travis.
Travis- Phoenix Drop, in sight.
Laurence- do you have to speak so weirdly?
Lucinda- he does that a lot now.

Everyone got up from the floor and walked out in the open. Aphmau and Aaron were in their room so we didn't want to disturb them. Heheh.

Once I was finished docking the boat, everyone got off besides Katelyn, she said she was going to get Aphmau and Aaron. I think it's an excuse for her to scare Aph... oh well.

~back at Phoenix Drop~

Aphmau's POV
We finally made it back to my house, I sat down on the couch and thought for a minute. What do I do now?

Aaron's POV
Everyone was going back to their houses to freshen up before we decide what we're going to do next.

I walked into Aphmau's house since mine was far away, and saw her sitting on the couch, with her fists clenched.

Aar- Aph?
Aph- oh, you can go have a shower if you want, I'll be down here.
Aar- are you ok?
Aph- yeah! I'm great! Never been better!
Aar- Aphmau, you speak loudly when you lie... what's wrong.
Aph- i should have listened to my dad.
Aar- about what?
Aph- I need training.
Aar- why do you think you need training?

Aphmau opened her hands revealing a bright yellow light.

Aph- I can't control it, it happens everyday for 20 minutes.

I walked over to her and sat down.

Aar- how do you know that's gonna hurt someone?
Aph- because I already have... Katelyn, she came to wake me up and I zapped her.

I closed her hands together and she looked at me.

Aph- how did it not zap you?
Aar- I don't know? But look, it's gone.

Aphmau looked at her hands and smiled.

Aar- go have a shower, clear your mind.
Aph- ok, thanks Aaron.
Aar- your welcome, now go.

Aphmau pecked my cheek and went into the shower. I have no clue why that's happening to her? But I have to help.