• o n e •

Park Junhee was certain that he fucked up, yet he kept on hanging on. Trying to be strong as he looked at the one he had been admiring for years with their bestfriend.

“Hey, you had been staring at Sehyoon-hyung again.” Yuchan said as he tapped Junhee’s shoulder.

“Oh. I w-wasn’t, I was spacing out..” Junhee blurted while looking away on the younger.

“Okay then, hyung. But we should prepare for the school fest as soon as possible..” Yuchan said then shrugged, “So, that means that we’ll be having our rehearsal until midnight.”

“Yes, I know. Don’t remind me of the things I’ve said, you punk.” Junhee stated as he huffed, Yuchan chuckled as he walked to their oldest groupmate, Donghun.

Park Junhee sighed as he covered his face with both of his hands, he’s scared and devastated at the same time. He had been experiencing the symptoms of this damn sickness, he knew that it’s going to be hard starting from now on.

“Sehyoon! Byeongkwan! We’ll start our rehearsal now, the break’s over!” Donghun announced and looked at Junhee, “Junhee, let’s start.”

“Oh, yeah. Okay.” Junhee said in a bored tone as he went in his position.

“I’m going to teach this part of the choreo, right?” Byeongkwan asked and Junhee nodded, the younger smiled, “That’s it, everyone! Y’all should prepare because you might not catch up with me.”

“Stop fooling around or I’ll hit you, Byeongkwan.” Junhee warned him but the younger just laughed.

“Junhee-hyung and his violent tendencies is on the loose!” Byeongkwan joked as he grinned, “I’m a bit nervous though.”

“You can do it, I believe in you.” Junhee looked at the black-haired man beside him that smiled a little “Byeongkwan-sshi practiced that part again and again ‘til he did it perfectly so I’m confident that you can do it.”

Ah, there he is. The cause of this sickness, the boy which was misunderstood a lot. Kim Sehyoon can only smile like that when it comes to Kim Byeongkwan, and Junhee as a lovefool is contented on seeing Sehyoon happy. Letting himself suffer in silence, instead.

So, they started practicing the choreo for the school festival. Again and again, one mistake means that they have to start over on the top again. No water breaks until everyone’s moves is polished enough. Junhee cursed this sickness for existing, his sense of sight is a bit blurry as he felt dizzy in all of the sudden.

It had been years when a new disease had been announced, the disease that was because of intense love for someone, yet unrequited. The heart yearns for the other’s affection and if it stays unrequited, weird symptoms will be experienced. Stage one, shortness of breath whenever his heart beats faster than it should because of his loved one.

Stage two, coughing out blood when the feelings had been too intense or when he’s too elated, sad, mad or frustrated about his loved one. Junhee finds this stage too hard, it’s a relief that his groupmates were oblivous when it comes to this. He can excuse himself having a cough or a flu and they’ll accept it, without a hint of doubt.

Stage three, his senses will be ineffective at a lot of times. There are times that Junhee’s sight will suddenly black out or the time when Junhee can't taste the food he’s eating. It kept on worsening and all that Junhee can do is to cling on a thin thread of hope that Sehyoon will love him back, even though it’s impossible.

Stage four, his immune system will start to weaken until his body won’t be able to function at all. Junhee feared for the worst and it seems that he’s on this stage. Without proper medication, his body could just stop functioning along with his heart. As if it is giving up on living because it’s too tired, tired of waiting and wishing for his loved one to reciprocate the feelings back.