Falling From the Sky

“Estelle…wake up.” Someone said in my ear. I almost forget who it was, but I just smile and nod when I remember. Will apologized to Nick and Nick graciously excepted his apology. Things with Will and I were finally turning back to normal. We decided when all this was over, we would have a small wedding and get married without any interruptions. For now, I wore the engagement ring but not the wedding band.

“You packed and everything?” He asks me. I nod again and pull the covers away from my body. I hardly got any sleep and neither did Will. How could we when we had to travel to another dimension the next day? It was consuming all my thoughts. Will and I were supposed to meet Colton, Ronnie, Adrik and Colin down in the living room pretty soon. I have never seen Colin before and he was the head senate’s son. Ronnie told me he was beyond gorgeous. She saw him once at a meeting the senate had with Owen.

I get dressed and then grab my pack. We had to travel light so it was the basic necessities. Will had a bigger pack filled with flashlights and rope gear. I had weapons and canteens in mine. Owen said that food would be given to us by Queen Annith of the Summer Court. I still packed some munchies anyway. I didn’t trust her nor did I trust the Winter King.

            “Ready?” I ask him. Will nods and he leans in to kiss me. I hold onto that kiss as long as I can. I doubt that we will have time to work on ‘us’ while we are in Arcadia. We hold each other’s hand as we walk down the hall.

            “Have you ever met Colin?” I ask him. Will nods once. I very curt not I might add. I got the feeling he wasn’t too fond of Colin.

            “He’s got a mind of his own sometimes. I think its mental to bring him along, but he is a good fighter.” Will admits. I squeeze his hand and Will smiles at me. I was actually a little bit eager to see what the whole big to-do was about Colin.

            “You’re a good fighter Will. You have saved me countless times.” I kiss his cheek. Will laughs and swings our arms back and forth. It seemed so odd to be happy when Sokolav was six feet under. The pack is adjusting to us being the new leaders but while we are away, Owen has to take over.

            “You are a wonderful liar.” Will whispers in my ear. I giggle and push him playfully. Will and I waltz into the living room in a playful mood. Everyone else seems a little tense. I instantly sober up. It was time to get serious. I look across the room and spot a guy in the corner. He was definitely older than Will—maybe by a couple years. Jesus, Ronnie was right…He was gorgeous.

            “Hello there, love. I am Colin.” And he had a beautiful English accent. I look at Will briefly to see his jaw clench. Colin reaches out a hand.

            “Estelle. Nice to finally meet you.” He smiles and laughs a little bit. I shake his hand. Colin then shoves his hands into his pockets when Will puts an arm around my waist.

            “Yeah. You too. I have heard many things about you, but no one told me  how beautiful you were.” He says thoughtfully. I almost blush and I can hear Will’s low growl. Colin winks and backs up where he was standing before. Did he just do that in front of Will? My mate? I don’t have time to ask him what kind of things he heard about because Owen walks into the room. He looks stressed and he should be.

            “The car is ready.” Owen says. We all nod. I straighten my leather jacket out. Owen rubs his chin.

            “Just remember to stick with each other. And the weather changes a lot in Arcadia. Your first objective is to find Queen Annith. I won’t be able to contact you guys.” He trails off. I rush over to hug Owen. He was like a father to me and he was sort of my father in law anyways.