Worst Dinner Ever

Queen Annith sat down and she smiled at every one of her guests. She gave me the biggest smile when her eyes landed upon me. She eyed the dress I was wearing and grinned. I wanted to wipe that look off her smug little face with my hand.          I looked over at Will and he is smiling at her. I roll my eyes and look down at my empty plate.

            “Welcome everyone.” She says. Then the waiters that are little goblin like creatures come over to the table and pours this yellow like liquid. I look at Ronnie and she shrugs her shoulders. I take it in my hand and sniff it. The liquid smelled sweet and bitter at the same time. It had to be some sort of wine. Colton doesn’t waist a breath as he almost downs the entire glass of whatever this was.

            “You must tell me all about your journey here but first names. I must know all your names.” Annith says resting her chin on her hands. She only knew Will’s name, I assumed because she skipped right past him and looked at Colton.

            “I’m Colton. Beta.” He says proudly. I roll my eyes. He was such a proud person. How him and Ronnie ever became mated was beyond me. She smiles at him and looks to Adrik.

            “Adrik. I’m an omega.” He says quietly. Annith nods. She then looks to Ronnie and Annith smiles at her appreciatively. Ronnie was basking in it. What was going on with my friends and why were they acting this way?

            “I’m Ronella, well everyone calls me Ronnie. I’m a beta.” She says. Her real name was news to me. Ronella? That was such a strange but pretty name. I would have to ask about it later. Annith then looks at Colin.

            “Colin. I am undefined.” I grin and Will rolls his eyes. Colin flashes me a little smile. Annith smiles politely.

            “And you my dear?” She says with an amused look. I look right at her—right in the eyes. I wasn’t threatened by her just because she was Fey and a queen.

            “I’m Estelle. Alpha.” I say. She sits back and looks at Will briefly. He gives me a look that is telling me to just behave.

            “The Lycan hierarchy system intrigues me to no end.” She says. Ronnie smiles.

            “You’re telling me. Will and Estelle are the Alphas—leaders of our pack. I don’t get it.” Ronnie jokes. Annith laughs along and I twiddle my thumbs back and forth.

            “Tell me how you got to Arcadia.” Annith says. It seems that she didn’t know anything about how to get to earth and arcadia. She probably just wanted to make some conversation or something. Will went on about how we fell out of the sky and how I saved Colin from the poisonous plant with the help of a “fey”. He didn’t specifically say it was a cat and I was grateful.

            “My men found three dead trolls on the outer territories of my domain.” Annith says and she takes a sip out of her glass and looks at Will. “Do you know anything about that?” Annith asks raising a brow. Colin smiles down at the food on his plate. Annith has an amused smile on her face.

            “We didn’t have much of a choice. They tried to kill us. Estelle came up with a  great plan though. She killed two on her own!” Adrik blurted. I give him a glare.

            “Adrik!” I say. I didn’t need the queen on my case about killing her people. Annith smiles and puts a hand on my arm. She winks.

            “It’s okay, really. They are banned from entering the inner territories like the village. My protection over them is futile since they refuse it.” Annith says. That made me feel a little better.