I'm the Only Alpha Now

“I’m with Estelle on this mate. I would like to come back to an earth that is in one piece.” Colin says and I smirk down at the ground. Colin catches up to me and I turn to see Will pissed off. Of course he would be. Will needed to understand that he wasn’t the only Alpha here anymore.

            “I’m going too.” Adrik says quietly. He gets off the couch and comes over to me. I cross my arms over my chest. Two people whom I have not known as long is backing me up. Will who was my husband was against me.

            “We’re leaving. You can stay here and train, but we are going to get that stone back.” I say. Ronnie and Colton stand behind Will. I honestly just wanted to kill Ronnie right then and there. What was she thinking? All three of them were acting really ridiculous. I loved Will but I had to do what was best not only for our pack, but for the rest of the world. I didn’t think he understood what was at stake here.

            “Fine. Leave.” Will says coldly. I sigh and fight back any tears that want to leave my eyes. I didn’t want it to be this way, but I had to do this. The stone and saving earth was more important than my relationship at the moment. I give one last look to Will asking him to not do this. He just stares at me with a cold expression. I still love you. I send that message to him and his face softens slightly.

            I walk out of the gamers room and I tell Colin and Adrik to meet me outside my bedroom once they have retrieved their things. I quickly grab my things that were on my bed and I took a few extra granola bars from Ronnie’s pack. I step outside the door only to run into the Queen. She looked more casual today and she was still wearing that crown on her head.

            “Oh, Estelle. How are you feeling?” She asks. I bow in respect and smile at her. I was glad that I would never have to see her again.

            “Better, thank you your highness.” I say. She looks around and then at the pack in my back.

            “You’re leaving?” She asks. I nod my head.

            “Will, Colton and Ronnie are staying here for your training. We are going to get a head start.” I say trying to sound as nonchalant as I can. I didn’t want her thinking there were any sort of problems.

            “Really? I thought you were all staying.” I shake my head.

            “It was an honor to meet you and I cannot thank you enough for letting us stay here and feeding us.” I tell her. She smiles and places a hand on my shoulder. She then reaches inside her pocket and pulls out a necklace with a huge ruby as a pendant. She sticks it over my head. It feels heavy on my chest.

            “I have never met a young lady quite like yourself. A leader.” She says smiling at me. “This necklace will protect you when needed.” She says. Was Annith really being nice to me? This was so weird.

            “Thank you so much your highness.” I say and bow again.

            “I’ll have you escorted to the castle entrance.” She says. As soon as it is said, I few goblin creatures come out and the stand next to me. I wave to Annith and she smiles at me before heading down the hall. Seconds later, Colin and Adrik come out.

            “Let’s go guys.” I say. They nod and we follow the goblins out of the castle. I couldn’t believe that I was really leaving Will. This wasn’t like earth. We couldn’t just call each other and talk and tell one another where we were. All I had left was talking to him through my mind. Once we are outside the castle, the fey tell us to head straight through the village and we would hit the exit. Simply enough directions. Colin and Adrik flank each side of me and I felt powerful because of it.