Chapter V

- Adelaide -

  The Triwizard Cup, the glory of our school, and a thousand Galleons personal prize money. Yes, they will make the Tournament and that's why Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and Durmstrang Institute were in our school.

  The twins were very pissed, they wanted to enter, thinking it was a game, I was actually thinking that they wanted to commit a suicide because they can die in this Tournament,

  “I’m going for it!” Fred hissed down the table, his face lit with enthusiasm at the prospect of such glory and riches.

  He was not the only person who seemed to be visualizing himself as the Hogwarts champion. I mean, if one of us joined it, we are no longer going to be poor, it seemed as if it was a lust to every person here, including me.

  Harry was staring at me, with what I assumed was sadness, but I mean why? It was like he was let down, I wonder why.

  But then Dumbledore spoke again, and the Hall quieted once more.

  “Eager though I know all of you will be to bring the Triwizard Cup to Hogwarts,” he said, and we looked at each other,

  "The heads of the participating schools, along with the Ministry of Magic, have agreed to impose an age restriction on contenders this year. Only students who are of age — that is to say, seventeen years or older — will be allowed to put forward their names for consideration."Dumbledore raised his voice slightly, for several people had made noises of outrage at these words.

  I mentally cheered, because I've read about the Triwizard Tournament, I also told the twins to not to waste their time. Now, they are looking furious.

  “This is a measure we feel is necessary, given that the tournament tasks will still be difficult and dangerous, whatever precautions we take, and it is highly unlikely that students below sixth and seventh year will be able to cope with them. I will personally be ensuring that no underage student hoodwinks our impartial judge into making them Hogwarts champion.” His light blue eyes twinkled as they flickered over Fred’s and George’s mutinous faces.

  “I therefore beg you not to waste your time submitting yourself if you are under seventeen."He said, and I snickered, he knew that they're pranksters and they'd do anything to join.

  "And now, it is late, and I know how important it is to you all to be alert and rested as you enter your lessons tomorrow morning. Bedtime! Chop chop!”Dumbledore finished his speech, and Dumbledore sat down again and turned to talk to Mad-Eye Moody.

  There was a great scraping and banging as all the students got to their feet and swarmed toward the double doors into the entrance hall.

  "They can’t do that!”said George, who had not joined the crowd moving toward the door, but was standing up and glaring at Dumbledore. “We’re seventeen in April, why can’t we have a shot?”

  “They’re not stopping me entering,”Said Fred stubbornly, also scowling at the top table. “The champions will get to do all sorts of stuff you’d never be allowed to do normally. And a thousand Galleons prize money!”

  “Yeah,” said Ron, a faraway look on his face. “Yeah, a thousand Galleons . . .”

  "And you could die through this Tournament and the money isn't yours now,"I answered wittily, and they rolled their eyes,

  "Still, I'm going to enter, I'm going to enter,"Fred repeated, making me huff in annoyance,

  "Fine! Suit yourself then!"I exclaimed, and we glared at each other.