Bloody Rampage: Part 7

Kona came back to where I was sitting and I briefly explained that Timon may have gotten headway with one of the sailors.

"I get your plan but perhaps you might want to fix your hair, right now you're looking a bit like a wet rat." She mused.

"Trust me he will not be looking at my hair." I stood up out of the chair and moved over to where all the sailors were grouped together. The closer I got to their table more attention I received from the patrons around. But the moment I had everyone attention was when I removed my cloak. Seeing as I hadn't bothered to change from the gown I wore to the celebration earlier and Kallistos often favoured when I wore something that resembled the style of ancient Greeks-it was safe to assume my dress left very little to the imagination.

I wasted no time in letting the dark-haired sailor know of my intentions and at the speed at which he rose from his chair and strutted over to me made me wonder if this seductress plan will work a little too well.

"Dare I say I think you are a very dangerous woman and I should probably stay very far away from you?"

"Not only a daring man but a man of intuition- I like it." I played with one of his lapels.

"I have never seen you here before. Are you just visiting relatives her on the island?" The more I played with his lapel the faster his chest rose up and down.

"Let's just say I am no stranger to the island. I spend most of my time in the local village." A few eyes were still on us so in the most subtle way possible I tried to signal Timon to meet us outside. "So are you going to tell me your name sailor?"

"Oh excuse me the name is Williams, Miss; Leo Williams. And you?"

"Miss Rebekah Griffin." Reaching for my hand he gave a gently kiss on the back of my fingers, "So many eyes, how would you like to join me for a stroll? After all at this hour it would be poor manners to let a lady walk alone." The use of the term 'lady' added to the hilarity of the entire situation. It was just too easy; he could be walking to his death right now but has no care to think because he got distracted by a little flesh.

"Yes of course." He went over to wear I placed my cloak and then gently placed it over my shoulders, "We wouldn't want you to catch a cold." Me catching a cold should have been the least of his worries.

Back outside, Leo guided me along the beach attempting to make casual conversation when clearly he was skirting around the issue of my earlier suggestions or unspoken promises of a torrid affair in the sand. But he was right; there was no need or the time to playing around.

"You know something about that boat that went down today, the fire. Tell me." The shock on his face had me worried if I had stunned him in forever in silence. He eventually recomposed himself and with a stern look he replied,

"I do not know of what you mean."

"Leo, how about this, you don't insult my intelligence and I will not insult yours. Tell me what you know, I you will leave this place unharmed." From the corner of my eye I could see Timon lurking behind a small bush or tree.

Leo was about to walk away when I stopped him, I wasn't at full strength but I had put some force behind it. His stunned expression was no surprised as he wasn't expecting a female to have such strength. It was time for a reality lesson for Mr Leo Williams.

"By now I am sure you've heard of Lord Diakos?" As he nodded I could see his eyes begin to assemble the pieces of the puzzle, followed by the moment he made that important connection.

"Yes, I am a special guest of Lord Diakos but the important thing to know here Leo, is that I don't want to hurt you but I will if I need to."