Bloody Rampage: Part 8

"I still say it's too risky." I argued my point further.

"And our best shot." Kona insisted once more.

"Miss Rebekah, I understand your concern, I do, but it is as Kona said there are people here that will suffer if this group is real and has these plans. People I know and care for; so for them I will do it." Timon asserted himself so well I couldn't argue against it.

We were going to get Timon noticed and approached by this group. He was going to find out their plans and hopefully will reveal who was responsible for Nikos' death.

We left the tavern soon after; we were half way back to the village when the sun was just on the horizon. The storm clouds had temporarily dispersed so there would a significant amount of sunlight coming through. Timon watched me nervously as I brought the hood of the cloak over my head.

"Do not worry I will be fine." I assured him, my fiddling fingers caught his attention briefly but not for long.

"Are you certain? There isn't as much cloud cover as I'd hope."

"Let's just keep moving and try to figure out the best way to get their attention without risking your neck."

By the time we got back to the Villa the morning sun was shining brightly; the day staff was already awake and busying themselves with the daily clean up from the night before and the preparation for the coming night. No one took particular notice when we entered through the service quarters. As Timon greeted a few persons-I kept moving ahead, when we had passed enough persons I commenced with our plan.

"You impudent pest!" My outburst frightened more than a few people. They may have been the day staff but I have no doubt that news had spread about my attack on Oleysa last night had spread. A few faces I could see were just shocked to see a vampire down in the service quarters.

"How dare you have me waiting on you? You are here to serve and so far you are nothing but a disgusting disappointment."

"My apologies Ms Griffin-I meant no disrespect please don't hurt me." Dropping to his knees he assumed a begging stance; his dramatic display was something worthy of a Shakespearean stage.

"I will not tolerate such insolence, do you understand me? Of course you don't-you're a puny human of little intelligence. So in words even a simpleton such as you can understand, cross me again and I will remove your limbs one-by-one till there is nothing left." Suddenly I felt as though I deserve to be standing there on stage next to Timon.

Our witnesses were fixed to our exchange, and if anyone from the alleged group is in this crowd they would not be able to ignore this.

"Breakfast in my quarters immediately, a second longer and I'll take a finger." Without another glance I stormed off. Ten minutes after returning to my private quarters there was a knock at the door. Knowing it was Timon I was not startled when the person entered immediately without any prompt. Focusing on the other side of the door, I confirmed to Timon that there weren't any eavesdroppers lurking outside and safe to speak.

"It worked."

"It did. Who approached you? What did they say? Did they have the dagger?" I rattled off my questions so fast that I don't think Timon heard the second word I said.

"It was and invitation."

"An invitation? To what the Murders' Grand Christmas Ball?" I immediately regretted the ungratefulness laced in my tone. "Timon you did not deserve that. Please accept my apology."