Remnant in Blue

For it wasn't his friend Arthur and his Japanese boyfriend Kiku. Right now Alfred will enjoy his lone time at home watching Netflix and catching up to his favourite series like Sherlock, Hannibal, or even Tom and Jerry for nostalgia factor.

But now the car's radio beammed in classical tune and the rise was silent. Him in the back while Arthur and Kiku sat on the front, clearly looking for a chance to hold each others hand. Alfred didn't mind about it, they're happy so he has no place to disturb them, he is single yet he didn't mind. If he had a partner it will greatly destroy his schedule working on the government.

"Well we're here" Arthur turned the engine off, got out of the car and started unloading the back trunk, Kiku helped him while Arthur tossed the key to Alfred letting him Open the door.

Inside the wooden cabin is no different to an ordinary house, some couches, a coffee table and plain kitchen connected with the living room. The bedrooms and bathroom on the second floor as well as other rooms. "I'm going to take a shower. You two better don't do some weird shit while I'm away". He warned the couple.

The wooden cabin is an old gift from his friend. Yes gift, Alfred's friend IS rich. But he didn't use it often, thinking that it's better to live the suburban way and stress him self out than encountering the same sea, cliff, forest and sand all day long. He hates sand anyway, it's course and rough making him feel itchy. Yet he kept a promise to keep it clean and visiting it once a month to maintain the cabin

Finishing his shower and unpacking his bag in the main bedroom. The bookshelf was still the same as last month, simple desk lamp and a book just like how he left it. And the book itself was a kind of savior for him while staying at the cabin, simply because there is no use in owning a tv or any other kind of entertainment source if he only come here once a month. 

"Curse of the Blue Saphire"

First he thought the book was interesting. Yet it wasn't any different from other legend related book. Just about an admiral whose is cursed by Poseidon to roam the beach of his last seized land until he found the descendants of the last family he murdered. The date of the story was 1374 according to the book.

Much wow it's old.

He finally went down and catches the two men cooking pie which is nice.

"Give me some of that"

"Give us some privacy first", Kiku smirked with a pie on his hand, still steaming hot and the smell of apple strongly pierced his nose. "Fine, but half of that is mine and clean your own mess", pointing it at the couple and they cut half of the pie, stuffing it to a lunch box and handed it to Alfred. He murmured a thank you and shots out the door, walking to the beach. Just a few steps and he forgot about water.

No one wants to die by chocking on a pie, even if it's sweet dying with something you love the most, he didn't want to risk it. Rushing back but knocked at the door and finished the water transport. Those water molecules should be thanking him by now.

He gruffed and whined. 'Shit I forgot the beach mat' Sighing heavily and contemplating his own stupidity, which doesn't seem to vanish after 23 years of living.

He just sat on the sand, hating the rough feeling but tried to ignore it, better than staying in one place with a rabbit like couple. His eyes just wandered mindlessly to the blue water, sometimes fish would just jump adding to the plain sight. Munching the pie slowly and made sure he finished it with a bit of water he brought from home. Unfortunately he didn't finish the pie and left a half of it, leaving it for next munching.

All of the sight rimmed him to the book. It reminded him of one of the chapter where the admiral stare away to the newly rising sun and contemplate his choices in life, slowly drifting to his regrets of massacre and the start of it all when he choose to sacrifice his time with his remaining family to serve the navy of his country.