Chapter 3.

***WARNING:  Descriptive way of murder. You have been warned.

Devon swiftly made his way to the backstage of the large scene. His grew more sensitive to hearing and catching certain scents all of a sudden. It was probably because he had caught a whiff of the omega that oozed mint and rain. It was weird but he didn't have time to think about that. His concern was the body behind the stage.

As soon as he reached the swinging body off the railing, his eyes were dark with anger.

 It was another omega. But why was a thick rope dugging into her throat as if she had hanged herself? The stab wounds were visible and her dress was ripped apart, exposing her flat stomach and breasts, she didn't wore any panties even. The sight was horrific.

Never in his life Devon had been a witness to such a horrific sight nor has he been challenged like this. Nobody dared to talk back at him in the entire city which to some point made him feel annoyed and boring. But now? After the murders were happening, there was something to finally do. More than anything, the alpha loved puzzles. And right now he felt as if he was involved in one. He was more than sure that the main reason the killer was doing this was because of him.

Oddly enough there was blood splattered over the walls and the dead girl's eyes were still open and her lips were in a creepy grimace, attempt for a smile.

There was a sudden gasp behind him and Devon turned to look at Emilia who had horror in her eyes. Plush lips parted and she was like a frozen statue a few feet away from the alpha. Soon the detectives that were in the hall earlier rushed in and a few members of the staff. Everyone watched the body with horror.

The muffled screams of the people to the other side of the room were slowly fading away probably because the large Hall was empty already. Devon guessed that everyone were  evacuated by the other members. 

"Where the fuck are the other cops-? " Devon hissed with a groggy voice at the detective and turned back to look at the body, gritting his teeth.

Emilia stood there still but after a few minutes, she pressed her palm against her chest and could feel the heavy beating of her heart. Devon could hear it as well. " Go and help the other omegas, " he knew that she had never been a witness to a such cruel murder before. 

"I want to help you and stay here, " she muttered in a shaky voice, her eyes were watery. She looked like a fragile flower right now.

" Go. " he ordered her and turned his head to her for a spare moment. " Now. " he commanded in a low deep tone.

The female alpha saw the look in his eyes and the way his voice was so low and commanding sent shivers down her spine. Emilia nodded and disappeared behind the curtains. 

Devon was partly curious and partly mad that he could not prevent this. The killer went through his fingers again. It made him feel irritated and he felt the sudden throb in his head. He felt a little dizzy for a moment and he almost fell on the ground if it wasn't for the detectives who held onto him.

"Alpha Ryder, are you alright?" one of them asked. Devon nodded his head and stood up on his feet again. 

Not long after the police arrived. The forensics slowly removed the body off the ceiling and laid the young girl on the ground, covering her body with a white sheet in half, only her face could be seen. Her eyes were now closed, she seemed at peace yet the way she died was definitely not a peaceful way to die.

Soon something caught his eye and the alpha took a few steps toward the sprawled body on the ground. From upclose, he noticed the blue marks on the girl's neck and frowned deeply. A white little card was dug into one of the straps of her white robe that was now covered in red liquid.

Devon knelt down and slowly took out the card careful not to leave fingerprints on it, holding it with a tissue, examining it for a bit before turning it to the other side. With messy letters it said: