Chapter 8.

When the morning came, Devon never thought that he'd wake up in a bed while someone else laid besides him. He felt his throat so dry, eyes hurting from the bright sunlight coming from the windows of the bedroom. He shouldn't have drank that much, now it was going to be a pain in the ass the entire morning.

For a few seconds he had no clue where he was, nor what had happened last night. But turning his head around to glance at the black raven messy hair and the caramel skin, he immediately realized that this was Jason he was laying next to. His lips parted, he was ready to scream in frustration. Devon never slept with anyone in a bed, let alone an omega.

What was wrong with him?

Perhaps the case with Leo was too much for him to handle right now? And the murders and protests that somehow had became more violent around the town? They were getting out of hand and the alpha felt so helpless against it. 

Slowly, he'd sit up from the bed, notice his clothes were still on which meant that they didn't do anything. Thank god. But when Devon was about to sneak out from the bed and the bedroom, he heard Jason behind him shuffle and the bed creaked. 

"Fuck. " the alpha whispered under his tone, praying that he didn't woke him up. Omegas tended to have sensitive ears and were light sleepers, but turning around to see if Jason was asleep proved nothing but otherwise. The omega was sleeping soundly, he had moved just to cover his face with the blanket.

Okay- good.

Devon finally managed to slip out from the bedroom and close quietly the door behind him before he dragged his feet to his own bedroom. He felt so dirty right now, not because he slept with an omega, but because the smell of alcohol lingered on his clothes and the sweat as well.

He slipped under the hot steam of water in the shower, washing off the tension and all the worry off his body. But that was just a temporary thing, once he gets out from that bathroom everything would return back to him like a boomerang.

Walking out from the bathroom in just a towel, he looked at himself in the mirror. Scars, ink, so much scars and bruises. Nobody had to knew that he was a wreck; Being a wreck was a weakness. He was an alpha. He couldn't have that. Merely distracted by his phone ringing obnoxiously, Devon reached it out and saw that it was an unknown number, eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"Hello?" 

"Where the fuck are you?" the raspy voice was so familiar.

Leo.

"At my place, why?"

"How long will I wait until I get out from that shithole you put me in?" he rose his voice. Devon's right eye twitched as he clenched his jaw. Fuck, he felt so damn stupid for feeling guilt for this asshole. Sighing the alpha rubbed his eyes , pacing back and forth.

"I will meet with your lawyer today, we will figure this out there are still some things we gotta do before you get released- "

"The lawyer you picked is a complete dumbass. He has no fucking clue what is going on and I am losing my patientce brother. You better figure something out or I will make you suffer when I get out. " 

Leo's threats didn't quite faze Devon, what did was how much his voice was shaking. Something was wrong.

"Are you alright?" Devon asked quite of a sudden, eyebrows furrowed and head tilting to the side as he picked clothes from his closet.

"Yes. Hurry the fuck up, understood? I will not put up with this. " before the alpha could answer to his brother the line ended. 

When Devon was about to get dressed the door slowly creaked open and he turned around , eyes dark and brows furrowed. He almost could attack whoever was sneaking behind him but as he saw the pair of brown warm eyes, his features softened a little.