Chapter 11.

Author's Note:

Happy New Year! Here is a present from me. A chapter with almost 2k words. I apologize for the type errors and grammatical ones! I finally managed to update. Thank you for 30k reads, I am so so happy. 

Keep voting and commenting, it motivates me. x

There is also some Leo and Jason moments. XX.

___

" Ten grams of morphine~" the female doctor yelled to the nurses as they were rushing to get the drug and inject it in Devon's system. The female doctor glanced at the machine showing his heart rate.

"We are losing him because of the pain and the shock!" she yelled again loudly and after she did, one of the nurses, a short girl with red hair dug the needle into his vein, injecting the morphine. Devon's body began convulsing. He was laying on his stomach, the shirt was ripped off exposing the ugly deep whip wounds on his broad back.

Jason was there too. He watched everything with horror. His eyes wide, teary and lips parted. He prayed that this man wouldn't die. He prayed and prayed, kept praying even when he was rushed in the emergency department.

Everything passed like a blur after that. Leo, Devon's brother was also unconscious from the wolfsbane, but thankfully he hadn't been abused like Devon was so he the doctor told the omega that Leo would recover soon enough. But Jason was worried more about Devon. He kept patrolling in front of his hospital room for days ahead, barely eating and barely sleeping.

That damn pain in his chest was increasing, the omega felt as if he would die too.

What was happening?

* * *

Leo woke up in the hospital room, low groan escaping his lips. He felt like crap. He tried to sit up but it was impossible because his head his spinning.

"Ah- fuck..." he cursed in a deep raspy voice before his eyes landed on the small petite frame of a man sitting beside him.

There was silence in the room for a couple of minutes.

" You are my brother's little playtoy, eh? " Leo smirked smugly even when in situation like this. Jason wanted to hit this man so hard. He shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"Shut up before I break your teeth. " the omega snarled.

"Feisty little omega. I like it. " Jason felt disgusted at his lame attempts to flirt. He wanted to throw up.

"How can you be so damn inconsiderate and indifferent to this situation when your brother is in the next room fighting for his life? "

Leo's expression changed from that small mischievous glint in his brown eyes to the coldness and the jaw clenching.

" Why are you so uptight. Relax, Devon's gonna be fine. " Jason was ready to yell at him again and curse at him.

"So, did you manage to see your abductor's face? "the omega asked lowly, visibly annoyed by his behavior.

Leo smirked again and tilted his head to the side, crossing arms against his chest.

"Are you a cop now? I'll answer only in front of the police. "

He was cocky. Jason hated it. He wanted to punch that man, but he was too weak. Devon's condition had worsened and he has been in the hospital for a week now. Jason felt so vulnerable it was unreal.

" I am a lawyer. "

Leo blinked a few times before bursting out with laughter then hissing from the pain hitting into his body.

" A lawyer? How cute. Little omega dreams big. "

Jason snarled at the man and rose up from the chair he sat upon. " I give up speaking with you. Suit yourself out. I will find someone else to help me find who that bitch is. " Jason seemed to lose his temper around that man within the first minutes of them interacting. And Jason thought that Devon was bad. His brother was worse.

"Wait~" Leo croaked out quietly behind the omega who was ready to just storm out of the hospital room. Jason stopped in his tracks and let out an annoyed sigh, slowly spinning around on his heels, arms crossed against his chest.

"I want to find out who it is. So I'll help you. "

"Good. Better buckle up because as soon as you get out of that hospital, we are going to do our small investigation. "

***