Chapter 12.

A/N:

Here it is, the long awaited chapter! Eight months later, of course. #WriterBlockSucks ; 
This chapter alone is a rollercoaster of emotions. Be prepared. 

Almost 50k, I am speechless. Thank you.

___

Devon didn't seem to be fazed by the woman's presence. He could smell she was an alpha, but he had the confidence and the much more power than her to take her down if needed. Lana's high heels clicked on the marble floor as she slowly approached the bed, her eyes were dark and if smoke could come out of her nostrils, it would. She seemed pissed.

Jason shivered and curled into his seat, his heart thumped fast against his chest. The most hurtful thing was seeing the person with whom he was close all those years not pay the slightest attention to him. Did she even look out for him after he had disappeared? Doubtly. No one actually cared.

Devon hissed as he moved a little to get comfortable and then focused brown eyes on her feminine yet sharp at the same time features.

"What do I owe the pleasure of having you here?" he asked in a low monotonne voice, clearly sensing the omega's discomfort. Devon was growing irritated because somehow he felt protective of Jason and how this bitch in front of him was acting. So crude and as if she owned the world.

The redhead tilted her head to the side and briefly glanced at the window before back to the alpha laying in the bed.

"Did you saw your abductor's face?" she asked as if she was implying to something. That made Devon intrigued as he narrowed his eyes.

"Why are you asking me this? Was this the reason you are so pissed off? Won't you look at your ex boyfriend for a brief second or you just forgot about him? You are making him anxious, so if you keep acting like a bitch, I'd highly suggest you to leave the room. " he couldn't control it. The words just came out. Devon didn't spare glance at Jason but he knew that the omega was probably confused and shocked.

The alpha felt the same way.

"Because of you, the entire fucking town is chaotic. As a leader, you should've known better to control this situation and not involve innocent people in you and your stalker's petty little games. " she murmured in a flat tone, it was obvious that she was affected somehow. Devon wanted to know more. So perhaps he should try and push her buttons a bit more?

"What's the matter? You are pissed off because the killer is after me and not you?" it was such a shitty move to do, but the woman acted disrespectfully barging in here and talking to Devon in such manner. He took shit from absolutely no fucking one.

"No, I am pissed off because of the murders of innocent people, omegas to be specific, going all around the town. I suggest you leave this fucking town, Devon. And leave it now. You'll make it better for us all, trust me. "

The alpha was not a man that hit women, no. He was raised better. But he'd be damned if he doesn't throw out her pathetic ass out of this room.

"And leave like a coward? Why would I? Actually, it's fun. "

"Fun?" she screeched, her frown deepend and a snarl escaped her lips, "you think death is fun? Devon Ryder, you are the most egoistical and selfish bastard I have ever met. You are the reason we are like this and I am sick and tired of writing news articles about your sorry ass every damn morning and seeing all those dead people who died in sufferig- "

"Enough!" Jason immediately rose up from his seat and yelled in such way that completely surpirsed the two alphas that were fighting. Jason's face grew pale all of a sudden as he felt his head spinning so he had to sit down and take a deep breath.

Of course, Devon wanted to get up and help him but he couldn't because of his damn condition.

Lana spared a brief glance at Jason but immediately focused her attention back on the alpha. It was particularly strange. Devon noticed the way her eyes would focus on the window every now and then before quickly glancing back at the alpha.

Something wasn't right.

Devon hummed quietly. There was a silence in the room. Such an uncomfortable silence.

Then there was a slow screech of an opening door. Everyone focused their gazes on Leo who was peeking his head through the door as he cleared his throat.

"Bad time? I will come later-" Devon immediately cut him off.

"No. Stay. Actually, please escort miss Lana out of the room. " he muttered as if he was talking to his butler. Leo was ready to arue but from one stern look from Jason, Leo's features softened and he sighed deeply.

He approached the woman and smiled politely at her, there was no emotion in his eyes whatsoever.

"Let's go- "

The woman took a deep shaky breath and just as she was escorted out of the door, she made sure she was hidden from the large window exposing the view to many other buildings. With one last words she managed to mouth at Devon:

They are watching you.

Before leaving.