Chapter 2: The Glasses

1

just, great," she muttered the pit of anger in her stomach as she only wished to seek revenge of Bowers (if of course, she was able to see Bowers of the hallway,) The sound of footsteps echoed in the hallway her hands scattering around to get room 34 or was it room 45 maybe it was room 36 her mind racing around, " Move to Derry ma said, I don't see why no-", she froze a figure ran by holding his books to his chest (or what seemed like books due to her blurry vision). Though something about him screamed loud, it was his shirt, and the messy mop of hair on his head, or perhaps it was the fact she heard his footsteps before she even saw him, Veronica shuttered as he had gotten closer towards her, well his voice."Look it's a babe, "glasses as thick as coke bottles bottoms stated causing Veronica to only be even more angered,"I'd really appreciate not being called a babe" she retorted, squinting at the other boy causing him to blush madly (of course, she couldn't see it )"Holy shit are those your glasses?" he sighed, picking them up, 'You can't wear these. ""No Shit Sherlock..." she mumbled, trying to snatch them from his grip."Names Richie by the way," he mumbled, handing her a pair of his glasses from his book bag. Although they were tattered they were her only hope for the moment. "So you're going to room...35 the dumbest teacher in the world," he laughed trying to get the other girl to warm up to him,

                                                                                       2

                                                                              "Hey uhm, I gotta go to the umh bathroom," She ran off eventually finding the bathroom, the bathroom, the place where innocence was lost, or was rumored to be if the right crowd was in there for the right day and today they just were, Veronica rushed into a stall smelling the hazy smoke that was almost on the sickening verge of her father's Italian cigars the girl was shaking in the stall nervous from something that she couldn't understand or probably would never, In the stall next to her she smelt the reek of trash the stench of near-death and the sound of sobs.

"Rough day," Veronica sighed whispering."Yeah, and you," The voice replied Veronica ranted tears peeking through her own eyes both stall doors creaked open as Veronica's eyes were placed upon staring at a beautiful girl who thank God was in the Jr. High department like her. Her hair was red well more so ember while her eyes were calming and beautiful."I'm Beverly Marsh, the girl of many names," she sighed, rolling her eyes at her own statement."At least it's not blindy or the New York babe", she huffed "Where can a girl go to get some respect," Bev only giggled, seeing how passionate the other girl was, it for once made her think that she finally met someone who understood her, "You um didn't tell me your name," she sighed "Veronica Felicia Simone Rodgers," She smiled, sticking her hand out Bev took it and kissed it."Italian?""Half Italian," Veronica said, almost finishing her statement, But she was scared there was a lump in her throat to prove it The joyous tune in her voice had dropped, as Bev's hand had now touched hers sending a horrible feeling down the bottom of her stomach and then the fear itself began to creep in, "Well, Ronnie you're welcome to join us at the barrens " Beverly smiled, "Well, well, well if it isn't blindy, must've been in there with the whore of the town eh ?", Henry laughed, as Patrick who was very lanky pushed her against a locker, "I suggest you watch your step we've already got one of your kind roaming around this town, we don't need another!' he growled, punching the locker beside her head trying to seem intimidating but Veronica had one thing on her mind. 

                                                                                         3

It was now 3:18 the sky was still dark as the sign "Welcome TO Portland" passed by her mirror, she could smell it home, her friends, her dreams, her fears, her-"This is IHeartRadio with an exclusive interview with The Richard Tozier number one comedian," Veronica sat in her car fully awake just by the mention of Richie, Of course, Richard was a common name probably Tozier was a common name too, but this one that they were talking to wasn't just some common Richard, she couldn't put a name to the face or why the mention of his name made her heart beat faster, and her cheeks fluster up red. Her phone began to buzz the caller ID on it being none other than,"Hello, Beverly ?""Ronnie, thank God you answered" her voice trembling as if she were crying herself,"Rough day," her voice felt that fear rushing back into her, as that sour smell in the air crept closer the faster she got further into Maine."Yeah, I um left Tom, you don't sound at ease either ba-""Bev please don't call me that -" she froze, 

                                                                                                         4

As she walked into her bedroom the moonlight gleaming from her window causing a strange hue to glow from her closet, the last place that gave her no ease whatsoever, Veronica always felt that she would one day open it, and reveal skeletons in there or something in that sort but boy was she wrong, "Good night ma, Goodnight Pa, night Lovi", she laughed, closing her bedroom door for good getting into her favorite Wonder Woman bed sheets, Wonder Woman that's who Veronica wanted to be Wonder Woman, but the only person she could think of was Bev who gave her that same feeling that Wonder Woman gave her, a feeling that was forbidden a feeling she feared about, The young girl then sat her borrowed glasses from Richie on her desk, another name that gave her the same feeling as Bev, Although she had just met him that day he however still made her feel special somehow. The closet door began to creak slowly as the doors began to move by itself the smell of rotting flesh began to breeze through. The smell was like hamburger meat that was also pretty fruity but very unbearable and sickening,Veronica crawled out her bed groggy as she was just falling asleep from her nightly thoughts until she heard something that almost made her sound as if she was going insane. And this point she thought she was."Veronica ~ .""Hello....""Veronica~""Where are you... , who are you" she turned around, fumbling on the floor, seeing feet dangle from inside her closet. Like any kid who was curious she opened her door finding a girl and a boy hanging from the hanger rack their bodies became lifeless, limp, and stiff, both dead bodies gave her a grin as they began swaying back and forth their mouths opening to dispense a mountain of blood out of their mouths, and just like that Veronica was frozen in her mind screaming, but in her actual body, she could only cry. A choking noise was heard from the mouth of the boy when a balloon then began to float out from the dead girls' dress as the boy's face began to morph into a clown's face"Little girls don't think of other girls as wonder woman," the clown teased hovering over her making her feel belittled and small as her bed sheets even became soaked with blood. Veronica cried louder her door slammed open, Roberto who had his gun clutched in his hand and his wife in the other ran to see what was wrong"Tesoro, Sweetheart" he exclaimed, running towards her "What's wrong ..." he asked, hearing her sniffle,"Veronica...""Veronica... "Veronica~", Bev said bringing her attention back to focus.