Chapter 9: The Storm

1

"Swa-Swear to me swear to me that if it isn't dead you'll all come back". Bill looked up at his friends all of them shakened by the fact they had just defeated IT apart of them couldn't help but feel joyous about it.

"I swear",Mike smiled taking the bottom of a broken bottle slitting his palm as he then passed it To Richie who passed it to Eddie , who then passed it to Veronica and so forth.

"I hate you all..." , Stan laughed finally smiling for once as he then eventually had to leave .

"No you don't Standy Dandy!", Veronica teased, "Richie believable , but the rest of us", She giggled hugging him tightly "Not possible". 

                                                                                                  2

"Eddie you're okay!!", Stan jolted towards the hospital bed kissing Eddie dead on the lips. Eddie was shocked to honestly see them all make it back but even more shocked to see Stan in his arms kissing him what was now all over his body. Mike who at the moment was in a wheelchair wheeled himself in with a what seemed to be glowing Bill who was just as in love than anyone could ever be . Even Ben and Bev were getting in on the action of falling in love as the pair shared a quick kiss (But definitely not their last.).

"You guys made it alive..", Bill looked up not a stuttered placed anywhere in the sentence.

"Must have been the power of Stan"

"Actually... it was Ronnie" , Bev interrupted watching Bill's mouth fall into shock , "And a friend of the turtle..."

Veronica and Richie both walked in the room, their glasses fogged up and hair ruffled (no one ever said celebrating had to always be public). Richie had this blush on his face that screamed lover boy but Veronica was calm and collective like a storm and that she was, a storm that would never be defeated and would rain forever just like the skies were doing. Washing off all the tears shed by mothers, fathers, uncles, aunts, friends of Derry who were blind towards the force over themselves as well as the town.

"About now would be the perfect time...",Bill whispered to Richie who was awestruck on Veronica .

"No Bill, that's too distasteful ", Mike slapped him on the arm, "Can we be traditional at least once,"

"Eddie... I don't think you're right ..". Veronica sighed looking at the rain drop down from window rolling while her thoughts skyrocketed. What Richie and Veronica had just done was the simple high school solution but what she wanted was something spontaneous to happen before she left Derry to head back to her miserable penthouse in New York . Although in the back of her mind she didn't want go back to New York she knew that she had to, just like Richie had to go back to Beverly Hills and Bev and Ben to Dakota and Eddie and Stan to Atlanta .Everyone would be heading home with someone but she would be heading home with no one or nothing but the memories of Eric... and the many ways he used to treat her . As the day progressed the losers began to head back to their hotel rooms ( except for Bill and Mike ). Stan signed Eddie out as he made sure that he was careful to not bump into his arm to cause him any pain.

"See you Friday Veronica", Bev giggled excitingly about the surprise dinner party set to be at her parents restaurant.

"See you Friday?...", She replied back slightly confused by what was happening .

"Why don't we stay at your place.." Richie smiled wrapping his arms around Veronica's hips scaring the woman dearly out of her skin as she had lost her train of thoughts.( It wouldn't be a lie if she said that she wasn't thinking about him beforehand .)