Chapter 6: Burning midnight oil

1

The clock struck 12 marking it midnight as the losers drove from Main Street to Witcham, to 264 Witcham that is. Richie sighed nervously as Veronica was speeding off in her mustang to burn the midnight oil. If there was one thing she knew, she knew that her mother would have the answer though sometimes she couldn't always comprehend Veronica's ways or Lovino's and especially Rachel's way of doing things .She knew that she could always make time for her career , the family mob meetings, but mostly her kids especially .

"Mind telling me why we're going to your parent's house ", Ben questioned as he looked outside the window feeling sicker than ever and horrified than ever before. Sure they might had that ritual of Chud that they discovered as kids but they also had a woman who had the answers to all their questions . an intimidating lawyer and her husband .

"What if they're not up ...," Bev, remarked getting out of the car following the others to the door.

"They're up believe me..", Richie mumbled fixing his hair and cleaning his glasses. If there was one thing scarier than pennywise the clown, it was the Rodgers family and their class something Richie learned to respect when he was younger.

The knocks on the door magnified in the semi-empty house as a cry emerged from was an infant baby. Roberto groaned as he detached himself from his wife putting on his Italian leather slippers. "Who could that be at this time of night accidenti!", he shouted looking through the peephole of their door .

"Honey your mouth...", Pamela sighed holding her eldest daughters baby in hand

"I coulda said more, and you know it.", Roberto murmured as she pecked him on lips

"You're my trashmouth and you're trying.." , She laughed opening the door to reveal the kids or at least that's still how she saw Beverly, Ben, Stan , and Richie still as beautiful little souls (maybe except for Richie who had.. A unique soul attached to him) and then there was her little girl Veronica who had a look of determination of her face a look that showed that she was in fact her daughter.

"Ma, Pa... we need your help", Veronica sighed sitting down looking at the baby, "Who is that because if you had another ba-" , she breathed out trying not to get caught off guard again.

"We gotta defeat that thing.. I told you about when.. I was younger... ma"

"That's biting off more than you can chew.. Ronnie..", Bev mumbled praying that Veronica didn't hear her.

"Cleaning off the , the blood from your sink.. Was that biting off more than you could chew huh Bev...." , her face turning Stoic and dark, "Or when he brought Henry back, or or, the fact he stabbed Mike and was on to kill us next too. Tell me is that something that we just let fester up and die... Beverly Rogan..."

"Why you Little -"

"GIRLS PULL YOURSELVES TOGETHER...!!", Roberto shouted his fist hitting the wall as he came back with a cigar in his mouth "Now... you can either let Pennywise have what he wants by fighting or.. You two will shut up and listen to what we have to offer ." He glared as his wife held him by the arm . 

                                                                                                            2

                                                                                                       (1958)