Chapter 10: Love and Desire

1

"Veronica keep still!", Bev shouted laughing getting them both ready for the dinner that would change her life forever. Bev couldn't wait to take her to the restaurant where everyone she knew (including her family from Italy to New York) Would be there . "Veronica!!!" keep the blindfold on", she smiled still laughing like a little girl, like the little girl Veronica had remembered she was. The girl she had a crush on , her best friend her first love , and yet the woman she had loved would be leaving with someone else just like she'd be leaving with someone else.

"Does Ben make you happy," Veronica asked her hands in her lap as her voice dripped with regret.

"Of course he does sweetie.." She kissed her cheek helping her up from the chair .

"That's good , you deserve everything I couldn't give to you in college "

"And what was that an oil pastel painting", Bev laughed helping her into her car closing the door.

The drive to the restaurant was silent and Veronica was nervous with all the thoughts of what could possibly happen in her head racing 100 miles per hour .What if she walked in and everyone forgot each other or Worse ! they got Veronica a dancer and it's Richie (Although it wouldn't be that bad).

Bev smiled walking veronica into the big party room as she saw the woman scratching at the blindfold around her eyes. "Alright you can take if off now!"

Here it was the biggest moment ever , the moment Richard Tozier has been waiting for his whole life since he met Veronica . The most beautiful thing since ice cream , since sunsets, since Bev!. This was the woman he wanted to spend his ever loving life with and now here she was in a form fitting black dress ( that he could keep his off of and wanted his hands on .) . He was nervous kneeling down trying to find the circular ring box that was in his pocket .

"Looking for this !" , Eddie shouted throwing the object at him as he sat on Stan's lap.

"Thanks..", He whispered getting jittery watching Veronica remove the blindfold .

"Richie sweetie why are you-". She paused realising what was happening just a little bit , still confused though.

"Are you a pokemon because ... baby I chose you!". He smiled opening the pokeball ring box revealing a diamond and Garnet ring that looked as though it cost more than her beach house in Monte Carlo . "Veronica Di Felici De Luca Simone Rodgers " he gasped as he said her name her full name .

"YES, I'll marry you!", Veronica teared up hugging him tightly as she kissed him sweetly, needingly , and longingly .

"Good cause I'm starving !!", Lovino laughed hugging his sister tightly , "You're the luckiest girl in the world", a sigh escaped his lips as he thought long and hard about what he wanted to say but it was stuck into a prideful cry .

"I'm lucky for having you... Lovi even though you were gone I got the chance to watch you grow up and see you blossom from spoiled diva to still a diva" She chuckled seeing Richie laugh.

"Where's auntie Darla's favorite niece !", The perky italian woman said her accent thick and rich

"No no, Rachel is your favorite .. but she's mine.." , Vivian smiled wrapped in her mink coat a cigar in her mouth " I nursed you... when your mother couldn't at times you drak the-".

"They get it ...." Veronica blushed watching her aunt carry on

"So I was thinking the wedding be within 6 months.., It gives everyone time to plan and"

"It gives you double the Birthday presents huh..", Mike laughed hugging veronica as a tear fell from his eyes and onto her shoulder "I'm proud of ya, is there anything you can't do" he laughed watching his best friend burst in laughter hoping she wouldn't answer.