Chapter 4: Home Is Where Fear Lives

1

7:35 in the morning and just 2 minutes away from Witcham street.The leaves were changing as kids were playing in the middle of street.The fresh midsummer breeze blew in Veronica's hair she could tell that this moment wouldn't last forever and that, that crummy clown bastard was still in its little sewer waiting for the losers club to come back and feast on their fears so it could reign on Derry for 27 more years .But she wasn't going to let that happen not as long as she was here in the presence in the essence of the town no matter how bad it smelt no matter how bad it had reminded her of her closet.

"Veronica... " , A more familiar voice said coming from a few blocks down. She knew that voice anywhere it was Denbrough, William Denbrough the writer of The Glowing, The Attic, The Clown, and so many other books that kept Veronica's hunger for more by each page captivated and her will to stay awake strong .

"Well well if it isn't Billy Boy himself", hugging him out of excitement and fear. His hair was still red just like she remembered it to be a bit thicker however but thin would be fine too.

"Did you just get here", Bill questioned not even noticing the blood on her shirt ( okay so he might have noticed it a little but no big deal) . He shrugged looking at her feeling mesmerized by her.

"Yeah just arrived here actually, I was gonna go get changed and...stuff...", Veronica began bantering on about her plans."But if I remember correctly , there's a great Italian restaurant that makes the best cannolis" , She then winked unlocking the door to her parents house. It was renovated all the 80's appliances gone with "Holy crap a touch screen fridge ,with a T.V. and a note.." She taped on the application that it was attached to.

Dear Ronnie,

Clothes are in the dryer , ma's working late sorry we couldn't be here to greet you .

Also Mike Hanlon told us to tell you to meet him at Jade Of The Orient for lunch , I guess it's serious business or It is serious business . If you need me i'll be at the restaurant.

P.s.

I hope you bashed Eric's brains out

Love , Papa

"Even when i'm an adult they're just still never here, don't really blame em" , She groaned folding the clothes on the couch. It happened again as she sat there humming she could feel the house getting Erie again as though it was suffocating her just like Eric's hands had been suffocating her the night she got the call from Mike. Her throat began to close up as air began to become scare in her lungs.

"You'll die if you try Veronica..and you'll float both ways too'", It chuckled before the voice began to fade into nothingness .

                                                                                               2

"Morning William", Roberto stared at the man striking fear into his heart as he poured him a cup of coffee. "See you didn't bring my daughter with you ...", He placed two menus down on the table keeping eye contact with the writer . Bill was nervous, he always felt that Roberto didn't like him because maybe just maybe he would every now and then take a few ganders at his daughter.But that was when they were kids still finding out what their place in life was and what their life would even be.

The bell rung as people flew in to get the fresh scorching hot cannolis and the Rodgers family breakfast bruschetta (a pure classic) "Papa digli quello che vuole ", Veronica protested walking in the door.Luckily Bill understood Italian because Veronica just told Roberto to give him anything he wanted and that he did. Roberto knew that he could never say no to his baby girl especially when it came to her best friends.