Chapter Eight

(Y/N)'s POV

"(Y/N), John, where did you go?" That was the first thing I heard when I walked into the house, John behind me.

"Relax, Alex, we just went to get me some new clothes." I rolled my eyes, but John stayed silent.

"Oh." He was standing in the middle of the room, Lafayette and Hercules standing behind him.

I stared at them, frowning and swaying back and forth awkwardly.

"Alright then." I glanced around the room, then let my gaze rest back on Lafayette, Hercules, and Alex. "How are you guys feeling?"

"What do you mean?" Alex tilted his head.

"From last night...?"

"What was last night again?" Alex scratched the back of his neck.

"We went to the bar." I set down the clothes on the couch.

"Oh yeah!" Alex slapped his hand to his forehead. "I don't really feel any different than I usually do. I mean, I have a small headache but that's it. What about you guys?" He turned to look at Lafayette and Hercules.

"Same with me." Lafayette yawned.

"I drink a lot, so I'm not really that affected." Hercules chuckled.

I smiled.

"Well, I'm going to go try on these clothes." I sighed, and snatched the clothes back up.

"Alright... What do you guys want to do?" Alex asked his friends.

I walked away to try on the clothes, and I noticed that while Lafayette, Hercules, and Alex were chattering with each other loudly, I didn't hear John's voice once.

John's POV

I silently watched my friends loudly talking over each other. I didn't know what they were talking about though. There was just one thing... Or person... I was thinking about that I couldn't get off my mind. 

"Hey John, you OK?"

"Jooooohn?"

"Hey! John!" A hand flashed in front of my face.

"What?" I turned and blinked at them.

"What's up?" Hercules looked concerned and Lafayette and Alex stared at me with confusion. 

"Oh, nothing... I was just thinking about something." I smiled awkwardly.

Someone.

"Thinking about what...?" Alex still looked confused.

"Nothing." I waved my hand dismissively.

"Come on, tell us!" Lafayette sprang forward and grabbed my shoulders.

"No, it's not important." I chuckled nervously.

"Obviously it's important, mon ami." Lafayette rolled his eyes.

"I'll tell you later." I pulled away from Lafayette.

"No! We have nothing to do, so just tell us now." Alex pleaded.

"Ok, I'm done." We all turned to see (Y/N) walk back into the room with one of her new outfits on. "Watcha guys talking about?"

"John was just going to-"

"Nothing!" I cut Lafayette off.

They all looked at me in confusion, then shrugged and looked at (Y/N).

"Um...Ok." She stared at us with narrowed eyes.

"You guys are weird." She sighed. "Anyways, since you guys "aren't doing anything", what do you want to do?" She walked over to us.