Chapter Sixteen

(Y/N)'s POV-

I woke up, eyes wide.

"Today's the day." I whispered to myself. 

I made sure that I woke up extra early today so I could sneak out before Eliza and Alexander woke up.

After I fixed up my hair and my clothes, I quietly exited the house.

I may or may not have sorted through Eliza's heels to see if she had any really fancy or pretty ones. I eventually found some surprisingly very white heels to go with a somewhat poofy blue and white dress.

But those heels hurt my feet.

A lot.

So, I waited for a carriage to come by, hopped in, and hitched a ride to General Washington's "office" as he called it.

Finally, the carriage arrived at a big building.

"This must be it." I sighed.

I handed the man who brought me here some money, straightened my dress, lifted my chin, and walked in.

(I have no idea how to write this part so time-skip brought to you by how awesome Deadpool is)

"I've gotta say, (Y/N), I'm glad I gave you a chance. We could really use some of your skills." Mr. Washington spoke clearly, his hands cupped together and resting on his desk.

"Thank you, sir." I spoke, stuttering a little bit.

"And you said you knew a little bit of medical techniques, right? (lol I almost said medical jutsu only Naruto fans would understand xD)

"Yes, sir."

"I see, I see. Well, I'll think about it, and I'll send you a letter later today with my decision. If I end up saying yes, I'll send you a uniform as well."

"Alright. Thank you, sir." I nodded my head.

"Thank you. You may leave now." He smiled warmly.

I returned the smile and spun around, quickly walking out of the office, then the building.

"That went surprisingly very well." I smiled again.

After getting a carriage ride back "home", Eliza and Alex were already awake and eating breakfast.

"Hi." I kicked off the heels, but placed them nicely by the door.

"There you are! Where were you?" Alex stood up, almost knocking over his chair, and walked over to me.

"Relax, I just went out for a walk. This is a very nice city." I rolled my eyes and then smiled.

"You and Eliza go on a lot of walks." Alex got in my face.

"Like I said, this is a very nice city." I placed my hand on his face and pushed him away, then stomped over to Eliza and stealing Alex's spot.

"Hi. Are you hungry?" Eliza gave me one of her regular warm smiles that seemed to be contagious.

"A little." I shrugged.

"We still have some bread left." Eliza pointed to the center of the table where a plate of neatly stacked bread was placed.

"I'll just have some of that, thank you Eliza." I smiled at her, before reaching forward and grabbing apiece of warm bread.

I took a bite of the bread, but then noticed that Alex was standing by the table, staring at me with narrowed eyes.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" I set down the bread and started touching my face.

"No." Alex shrugged.

"Then what is it?" My hands dropped.

"(Y/N), tell me, where did you really go?" He pulled over a chair and rested his chin on the top of his hands that were folded over the table.

"I told you, I went for a walk. And then I went to see Angelica and Peggy." I narrowed my eyes back at him and we had a staring contest that seemed to last forever.

I won, obviously.

"I'm onto you, (Y/N)." Alex slowly stood up and did that thing with your fingers where you bring them to your eyes, and then point them at a person. He nearly tripped in the process over the chair he was sitting in, but once he recovered he stomped away.

"Don't mind him, (Y/N), he's just being grumpy today." Eliza smiled again.

"How do you put up with him everyday?" I rubbed my temples and looked at Eliza with a sympathetic glance.

"You learn to get used to it." She grinned a cheeky smile.

"Do you? Do you reeeaaaally?" I whispered.

Eliza giggled.

"Oh, by the way, were those my heels that you were wearing?" Eliza suddenly asked.

"Huh? Oh... Yeah, they just looked really n-"

"You don't have to explain, I was just wondering." Just when I thought her smile couldn't get any wider, it got wider.

"Oh. OK." I let out a tiny sigh of relief.

I finished eating my bread and thanked Eliza before heading back out to Angelica's house.

Before I had a chance to knock on the door, it swung open and a happy Angelica stood there.

"How'd it go?" She looked like a child.

"It went well. He seemed impressed." I smiled and walked in.

"EEEEEEE! This is so exciting!" She said energetically, closing the door and following me to the dining room where we sat down.

"We talked about guns and strategies, and then I told him I know a little bit about medical stuff." I informed her.

"Cool! You really do know a lot, (Y/N)." Angelica relaxed and sat back in her seat.

She had a smirk on her face, like a proud mother.

"What?" I smiled back.

"I'm just so happy for you, that's all." She leaned forward.

"When you come back, tell me everything." Her eyes were huge.

"Will do." I laughed.

A/N:

Here, we have a rare sighting of a story update.

WOW so much has been going on lately. Hi, how are you?

I'M GR8 IT'S MY FRICKEN BIRTHDAY TODAY SO I DECIDED TO WRITE A CHAPTER JUST CUZ

AND I SAW DEADPOOL 2 YESTERDAY AND IT WAS THE GREATEST MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN

that's it peace out girl scout (or boy scout I'm not assuming anybody's gender here)

AND DANG YOU GUYS 11.5K VIEWS? THANK YOU SOO MUCH YOU'RE LITERALLY INSPIRING ME TO WRITE MORE AND SCHOOL IS ALMOST OVER SO EXPECT MORE UPDATESSS

OK I'M CONFUSED SHOULD I KILL JOHN OFF OR NAWW?

-Red ^^