Chapter Seventeen

(Y/N) POV

After staying a few hours at Angelica's house, I went home and waited for the letter from General Washington to arrive. I paced in the living room, biting my finger nails, even though it wasn't really the "lady-like" thing to do. But I might be joining the war, so that was the last thing on my mind right now.

Suddenly, the door swung open.

"(Y/N)?" I heard Eliza's voice from the front door.

"Yes?" I spun around.

"There's a letter and a package out here for you..." She came in the house with the envelope and package.

I had to hold back a screech.

"It says it's from General Washington..." Her eyes narrowed with confusion.

"Oh, he's probably just replying to the letter I wrote to him about keeping my friends safe during the war." I waved my hand in the air before snatching the stuff from Eliza.

"But... The package...?" She took of her shoes carefully.

"Hello!" I heard Alex's cheerful voice.

Oh, thank God, I sighed.

"Oh, hi, dear." Eliza smiled warmly at Alex.

"Hi Eliza, hi (Y/N)." He waved.

I waved back, before spinning on my heel and dashing upstairs do the guest room where I slept. I slammed the door shut and plopped down on the bed. I opened the letter first and read it quietly to myself.

"Dear (Y/N),

I thought over our meeting for a few hours and finally came to the conclusion that I will allow you to join the war. In the package there is a uniform for you. I gave you the same size as Alex, hopefully it's a close enough fit.

Sincerely,

G. Wash"

I sighed, before gently setting down the letter and picking up the package. I carefully untied the string that held it together and unwrapped it, revealing a little box. Inside the box was a neatly folded blue uniform, sandy-colored pants, and brown boots with little buckles on the side.

I gasped. I didn't even want to touch it.

But I did.

I took it out of the box and held it up in front of me, admiring it.

I set it down on the bed carefully and took out the boots and pants.

"Hopefully they'll fit." I breathed.

Now all there's left to do is wait.

A/N

Lol this is a short chapter but whateva I'm gonna make one right after this because it would be weird if I included the stuff in this chapter.

YAS IM ON SUMMER BREAK SO PREPARE FOR MORE UPDATESS.

ALSO OMG THERE'S 14.5K VIEWS ON THIS WTH GUYS

-Red ^^