Chapter Thirteen

Narrator POV-

The carriage came to a stop when once it got to Eliza and Alexander's house.

"We're here." Eliza gently shook (Y/N) awake.

(Y/N) blinked open her (e/c) eyes to see all of her friends staring at her. She yawned and stretched her arms out, then quickly stood up and stumbled out of the carriage.

"(Y/N), hold on-" (Y/N) heard Alex mumble behind her, but she continued to stumble up to the door of the house.

Eliza caught up to her.

"What's the rush? And aren't you going to say 'bye' to Angelica, Peggy, Hercules, John and," She got in (Y/N)'s face. "Lafayeeette?"

"But I'm tired, Eliza. Just tell them I say goodbye and goodnight." (Y/N) waved her hand in Eliza's face, completely ignoring her comment about Lafayette.

"Ugh, fine. But Lafayette will probably be disappointed." She raised her eyebrows, but when (Y/N) just remained silent, she sighed in defeat and turned to go back by everyone else. (Y/N) she yawned as she watched Eliza walk away and entered the house, immediately going up to her room and sleeping.

John's POV

I watched (Y/N) sleep almost the entire ride back to Alex and Eliza's home. Not in a creepy way, though. Everyone was mostly silent, except for Peggy who would occasionally mumble something to Angelica or Eliza. Other then that, though, it was quiet.

I also couldn't help but glance at Lafayette, who was sitting next to (Y/N). He was also staring at her, watching her sleep, a small grin on his face. She was leaning up against the window, though, and not Lafayette's shoulder, which was good. 

Finally, the carriage came to a stop, and I watched as Eliza stood up and gently shook (Y/N) awake. (Y/N) immediately jerked awake, stretching out her arms, standing up quickly, and stumbling out of the carriage like she was drunk. But I was basically watching her and Lafayette all night, and I don't think I saw her have any drinks, so she was probably just really tired. Everyone quickly exited the carriage after her, but by the time I came out, she was waiting at the door of the house. Eliza quickly sped-walked over to her.

"Bye, John." I heard Alex's voice and spun around to see him standing there, smiling.

"Oh. Bye, Alex." I said awkwardly. 

I glanced at (Y/N) again, then turned back to Alex.

"Are you OK? You've been pretty quiet all night. The only time I saw you talking was for a little while with Hercules before Eliza, Angelica, Peggy, and (Y/N) came, and then when Lafayette and (Y/N) came over to talk with you and Hercules."

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine. Just a little... Out of it today, I guess." I laughed nervously, shrugging.

"Alright, then..." Alex stared at me with narrowed eyes. "But if you ever need to talk to me about something, I'm here."

"I know. Thanks, Alex." I looked down at the ground.

"Pleasure." He bowed and we both laughed.

"Oh, by the way, have you told (Y/N) about the war, yet?"

"No... I'm thinking of telling her tomorrow morning, maybe afternoon when she's fully awake."

"Good idea. Tell me how it goes." 

"Will do." Alex grinned and walked over to Angelica and Peggy.

"Salut, mon ami." I recognized Lafayette's voice and felt an arm sling over my shoulder.