Burned (a Roy x Ed fanfiction)

CHAPTER 2

What was taking him so long? Al knew that mustang was stopping to get something on the way out there to get his brother but he hadn't expected it to take so long. "Hey Al?" Winry chirped from the other room. "Where's Ed, isn't he home yet?" Al sighed, that was the third time she'd asked him that.
"I dunno Winry, I haven't seen brother yet." Al chuckled to himself, look at her, she's worrying like there married. He quickly shook the thought from his mind though. That was just too weird to think about.

Winry jogged over to the stove and slid the frying pan off the burner.
"Well, he better get here soon or the foods gonna get cold!" She shouted from the kitchen at Al who was still sitting in front of the big window facing the front yard. Man, no matter how much she told herself he'd be home safe, soon, and just Ed, she still worried. Overtime something like this happened (all to often) she'd worry. Could Al tell? Could he tell she like him? She hoped not, but she really hoped Ed didn't.

Nope. Another car passed the window, still not the Colonels car! Al was getting impatient, what was going on? As much as he wanted to ask Mustang where he was and what was taking them so long he couldn't just call Colonel Mustang and question him, especially considering he'd stopped on his way to pick Ed. Oh god. What if Ed had pummeled the Colonel into the ground! They'd never been good friends, or friends at all for that matter, it's entirely possible they could be stuck somewhere fighting... At this point he wouldn't be surprised if only one of them came back alive. He sighed, how he hoped Ed would show up soon, both of them alive and breathing and in one piece. It was dark and cold out, what If Roy hadn't picked him up, or worse what if Ed wouldn't get in the car! Calm down, Al thought to himself. He knew he was being irrational but he still worried for his older brother. Suddenly the quiet room was interrupted by a loud ring from the phone hanging on the wall near the door. "Winryyyyy, the phones ringing." Al said absentmindedly. "What?!" Winry shouted from the dining room where she was setting the table. What has he said? Al sighed and stood up, metal clanking just a bit as he roes to his feet. He grabbed the phone off the wall, "hello?" He said. For a second there was silence before a all to familiar voice responded. Riza Hawkeye, "hello Alphonse, is it possible I could speak to your older brother please? It's important." That's odd, Al thought. Why was Riza calling to there house this late? And what'd she need Ed for?
" uhhhh, sorry lieutenant... Y-you see, Edward hasn't come home yet." She sighed over the phone. "I see... Is it by any chance that Colonel Mustang is with him?" Oh no. Al thought to himself, what had Ed done?! "Well, uh yeah he is actually. colonel is driving brother home now..." Al couldn't help but sound a bit unsure as he spoke. "I'll be right over." She said abruptly before hanging up. What?! Lieutenant Hawkeye was coming here?! Now?! Oh god. "Hey, Winryyyyy... You might wanna get an extra dinner plate." Al said timidly. Could this night get any worse?

Authors note: okay, c'mon Al we all know you should never say that! XD so that chapter was quite a bit shorter then the first, but still.

(Next chapter were back with our little lovers:P haha makin you guys wait to see what Riza wants!)