Burned (a Roy x Ed fanfiction)

CHAPTER26

Ed sat there shaking for quite sometime, despite Roy's desperate attempts at comforting the younger alchemist. Mustang had gotten up to go get some crappy-hotel-coffee they served all night but was stopped by both Ed's desperate pleads for him to stay and the blondes cold, small hand wrapped around the alchemists wrist.

Roy found himself still slightly surprised to say the least about the younger boys sudden change in attitude. He pet the boys head, running his fingers through Ed's long blonde locks, Edward didn't complain, he just sat on the bed, wrapped up in a blanket and leaning into colonel mustangs arms.
------------

And, after quite some time and a far amount of comforting, Edward was asleep again, after almost two hours. Ed was curled up in bed, hugging a pillow. Where as Roy found it impossible to sleep so, instead he got up and made his way into the bathroom so as not to wake Ed, not to mention he needed to be alone and have some time to think.

Sure they had both entered a long and meaningful conversation about Envy and what's going on in Edwards head about twenty minuets before he'd fallen asleep but still, Mustang didn't feel they had uncovered anything new about Envy, And he'd only learned a little about Ed's illusions, he was getting nowhere. Then again it was probably going to take some tim- Roy's thoughts were cut short by a soft knock at the door.

"...mustang.....?" Ed called quietly from outside the door, his voice still tainted with sleep. Roy jumped down from off the bathroom counter he'd perched himself earlier and unlocked the door, sighing he opening the door. As the bright light from the bathroom poured into the other room, Mustang could see Edward standing there squinting.

"You alright fullmetal?" Roy asked, clearly concerned.

Ed nodded and rubbed the remaining sleep from his eyes. "I'm fine...." He yawned. "Think I could get in there for a minuet? I wanna take a shower."

Mustang's stomach turned at the thought of Ed's last shower, and the blood, and cuts that still hadn't quite healed. He realized he wasn't answering and Edward was getting suspicious so he answered, what else could he say?! "Yeah. You sure your okay?"

"Huh? Yeah I'm-" Ed yawned again before he could finish. And instead of talking again he just walked into the bathroom. Roy nodded and closed the bathroom door, he stood there for A minuet and just waited. He heard Ed undress and toss the clothes against the door, the clanking of old pipes as he turned on the shower, and a loud woosh has he turned on the fan and stepped into the shower. Roy slumped up against the wall, waiting right outside the door. just Incase.

Mustang sat in compleat darkness, to lazy to turn on the light. He could here the shower running and Ed sneeze, Roy smirked... He was still Fullmetal but, he honestly wasn't sure which on he liked more. Why, was this even a thought in his mind?! He loved Ed no matter what! Right?
-------------
Ed sneezed again and rubbed his nose. "Ugh." He groaned as he shampooed his long, blonde hair. What had mustang been doing in here all that time? Ed shrugged it off and took a deep breath as he felt another wave of nausea hit him, it's been happening for a few hours now. Every twenty minuets or so he was hit with a dizzying clouded mind. He decided against telling Mustang, after all it was probibly just the medicine. Over all, Ed didn't want to worry Roy anymore, especially over nothing.

Edward, felt his body shaking and looked up at the shower-head as he rinsed the last of the shampoo from his long, silky hair. His body was shaking violently now and hiss flesh leg felt like it might give out. he looked down at his hand as he held it out in front of his face, he paled as he watched watered down blood drizzle down his arm. He examined it carefully, only finding there were no cuts anywhere on his arm or hand. Ed sighed and looked at the floor, bloody water, slowly swirling down the drain. Where was it coming from?! He pulled open the shower curtain and tried to steady his slowly increasing breathing and heart rate. He didn't want to panic mustang so he breathed in and out slowly, he walked briskly over to the mirror, slipping on the wet tile floor, he fell flat on his back. All the air escaped his lungs suddenly and his heart was pounding loudly in his ears, he was still so dizzy, still laying down on the floor he could see his reflection, his entire scalp was bloody and his face was cut up. He let out a muted scream, his heart pounding to loud for himself to hear himself let out the scream.