Burned (a Roy x Ed fanfiction)

CHAPTER 5

" m-me?" Ed stammered. Why would Roy know this? "that's what I said it's looking for you. Now if you'll let me explain can tell you what's going on!" He said rather impatiently. Edward simply nodded, still shaken from the past ten minutes. "The humonculus Envy is looking for you. We aren't sure why yet but it seems he has taken form of lieutenant Riza Hawkeye. Her real whereabouts are still unknown, despite our search parties." Roy paused allowing it all to sink in for the younger alchemist. "I think he was planning on showing up at the corner where I was coming to pick you up from before I got ther-" Ed snapped at Roy suddenly before he could finish. "Don't make me sound like a prostitute ya bastard! And how do I know your not the homunculus?!" Damn, Roy was worried this would happen, this entire story was laid out perfectly. To the note. So naturally fullmetal would be suspicious. mustang sighed. "Jesus, Edward. I don't know, trust me or don't but chances are when you weren't there for Envy to pick ya up he got pissed." Mustang said flatly crossing his arms.

Ed looked over at Roy, not taking his eyes off him for one second as he pushed pillows away from his head so he was fully sitting up against the bed frame. "What are you trying to say here colonel?" Ed said sassily.

Mustang cleared his throat. He wasn't gonna take this well. He stood up, crossed the room and say on the edge of the bed just inches from fullmetal. "M-mustang, what are you doing?" He said cautiously. Roy took a deep breath. "Look fullmetal, you didn't show okay? Now Envy's pissed and working on getting your attention. He's gonna make you come to him." Roy said with a all to serious look across his face as he stared at Ed. "How exactly is he gonna do that...?" Edward questioned. "Easy. With Al." He replied.

Ed's eyes widened. "Does he... Does he have him already?" Ed said sounding calm. Roy wasn't fooled the look in his eyes meant business, Ed was scared.

"I don't know, but right now my job is to keep you safe. Got it?" Mustang said a slight smirk on his face. "Half naked." Ed said. Roy looked at him, "what?" Ed grinned, " I said half naked. Your going to 'keep me safe' half naked?" What the hell? Why wasn't Edward worried for his younger brother?! He was acting like the usual little brat he always was. "What ever. Your not worried?" Mustang asked. "Al isn't that stupid. Even if it was to save me, he wouldn't be that idiotic." Edward said confidently. He sure had faith in his brother.

Roy continued looking at Ed, Edward appeared to be staring at Roy's chest with some great fixation. That was odd. Roy fake coughed to get the young Alchemists attention. He snapped out of his trance. "Hm? What?!" Ed said moodily. "What are you doing? Your staring at me. See something you like?" Roy joked, a smirk very present on his face. However Ed responded a but differently then expected. A deep blush appeared on his face. Was fullmetal really looking at him?

Roy slid his hand onto Edwards, Ed shivered. Fullmetal looked up at Roy. "W-hat are you... Doing...?" Roy was usually a very good smooth-talker but right now he had Nothing to say. "..uh... Your cold." He said stupidly, actually it was true, Edwards hand was freezing. "R-right." Ed replied naturally. They say there for about seven minuets just sitting, hands over one another.

Ed cleared his throat, "so. Why you?" He asked, removing his hand from Mustangs clutches. "Why me...?" roy asked confused. " why did they send you to get me? Were they seeing if they could worsen our day?" Ed said jokingly, truthfully he want sure why he felt so attracted to Roy right now, wasn't he supposed to hate him? He looked at Roy after a minuet realizing he hadn't replied, his head was hung low, his hands clinched into tight white-knuckled fists.

Shit, he'd meant for that to sound like a joke, he'd obviously failed. He tried to think of something to say that wouldn't sound totally stupid. "...actually, it was my decision to come get you Fullmetal." He said finally, his voice sounding loud on the quiet and empty room.

Authors note: there ya have it, who's really the homunculus?! Riza or mustang? XD find out on the next chapter:)

(I keep forgetting this!!! Gyahhh!)
Disclaimer: I don't own fullmetal alchemist or any if the characters I just like to pretend I do;) XD