Burned (a Roy x Ed fanfiction)

CHAPTER 6

As they entered the dark building through the busted up door on the left Alphonse noticed how empty the place was. "Here...?" Al asked, his voice just above a whisper. She didn't turn around to look at him but instead just nodded as she carefully stalked through the mostly empty room.

Al used all his will power not to just shout for Ed and go running up one of the many staircases in the building. He really hoped his big brother was okay, and the real Mustang for that matter. They crept forwards, heading around the perimeter of the place. "Uh, lieutenant?" Al asked a bit louder then intended. She stopped walking, turned around and stared at Alphonse, "yes?" She said. "It's just, he doesn't seem to be down here." He said. "I know. It's not Edward I'm looking for. Well not down here anyways." She said simply.

There was a creaking sound from across the room. "Shh..." She said, not clarifying what she'd said before. Riza began advancing forwards.

The room was very dark, which made it difficult to see what exactly she was walking towards. She threw her hand up to Al, signaling him to stay there. If Edward was here he wouldn't have listened, but Al was a bit more obedient.

There were several crates and pieces of trash and debris scattered around the room, but other then that it was just dark. Al watched her slip around the corner behind one of the crates. It was dead silent for a matter of seconds in which seemed to last a life time. Al was tempted to call for Riza but figured that'd be a bad move, so he waited.

Suddenly there was a loud bang from someone or something crashing into one of the crates, Riza admitted some form of a scream and there was a gun fire. One of the crates tiped over as something slammed into it, Al wasn't going to wait any more. He ran as fast as possible over around the corner to where Hawkeye...was?

She wasn't there anymore, not that Al could see anyways. He looked around frantically, what the hell? Where had she gone? "lieutenant?" Al said quieter then anticipated. There was no reply. "lieutenant!!!" He yelled, something wasn't right here. Well, obviously. But still she couldn't just disappear. A small piece of the wooden crates stacked up right behind Al fell from above and hit his shoulder, it clanked loudly as it hit the metal.

Alphonse turned around slightly, and looked up. Oh no. Sitting on top the multiple stacked up crates, was a dark shadow. It was fairly tall, skinny, and most crucial, the somewhat long, green, spiky hair. Envy. "Well then, guess we better find your brother then huh?" Envy said in a gravity tone, a smirk in his voice.

"Envy! What do you want?" Al shouted stupidly. "You disguised yourself as Hawkeye, brought me here in search of my brother who isn't even...here..." It all sunk in as the young alchemist spoke. Oh, he wanted Al. Envy chuckled and jumped down, landing perfectly. "Well, your a clever one aren't ya," he said as he walked over to Alphonse who was just standing there. "Me and your 'big' brother had a bit of a meeting planned ya see. He didn't show for me so I kinda figured, why wait? When he can come to me?" He said white teeth glistening in the dim bit of light showing in the place. "S-so, your using me...to get my brother here?" Al said causally. Envy suddenly looked annoyed, it wasn't any fun if they weren't a bit scared. "Think it's funny?" Envy said angrily. "Sorta. It's just, Envy he's not that stupid. He's with mustang right now and so even if he was stupid enough to come looking for me, colonel Mustang wouldn't let him because he knows YOUR the real humunclus."

Authors note: sorry that one was so short, and it took me forever. I'm trying to pack for a vk this Saturday so I'll do my best to keep up with it.

Disclaimer: I do not own FMA or any of the characters, if I did there would be a lit more yaoi.