Burned (a Roy x Ed fanfiction)

CHAPTER28

Ed could feel his body being held tightly, cold air brushing against his skin, he could hear soft breathing, soft footsteps... His eyes were heavy, to heavy to open and he couldn't seem to move, at all. His throat was dry, resulting in no voice.

He lay helpless, not that it mattered, his head was so clouded over it made little to no difference what was going on. Next thing that actually registered to Ed was soft sheets around him, he listened closely as the steady breathing quieted and slowly faded away all together. His throat let out a soft whimper simply because he didn't want that comforting sound of someone close, and breathing, to leave him.

Roy turned around and looked at Edward worriedly but he was still unconscious. Mustang sighed and sat next to Ed on the bed he has laid him on, running his hand through the Youngers long, soft, blonde hair. He'd passed out in Roy's arms just seconds after breaking down and smashing all of the medicine, Roy had cleaned and bandaged his hand and picked him up, and set him where he was now.

Ed made a sort of cooing sound as Roy continued to run his hand gently through his hair, Ed, still completely unable to control his body still mentally face palmed at his sudden sound. Though feeling Roy's soft hand In his hair felt nice, and comforting. Roy smiled.

Edward listened intently and carefully to Roy's breathing but he really wanted to hear his voice, even just to prove it was actually roy and not just an allusion. Though the familiar scent was telling him it was in fact his colonel, he wished he would speak, or that Ed could open his eyes to see for himself.

Ed mentally frowned as he felt the colonels hand pull away and the bed lift slightly, without the extra weight pushing it down. Edward listened as best he could as Mustang's footsteps faded little by little, the carpeted floor not helping.

Dammit, checkout was in ten minuets! Roy gathered the one bag he'd actually brought with them that held both Edward and Roy's clothes and a few other things. He cleaned up the glass with his bare hands, unable to leave it there, and unable to leave the room to get something better to clean it up with. He couldn't bring himself to leave ed, not right now especially. Roy winced as a cool, sharp shard of glass sliced into the warm flesh of his finger, drawing I bead of blood to the surface that soon drizzled down his finger, hand and arm. "Shit," he mumbled, ignoring the cut he finished cleaning it up.

Edward felt a swell of warmth flood his thoughts when Roy spoke, it was undoubtedly Mustang, he wasn't alone...
He couldn't help but feel a little stupid for getting so exited over just his voice, someone he thought he'd never even be able to stand to be in the same room with, yet, here he was, wanting Roy close. What had happened? Well, Roy had shown his affection, care, and concern for Ed, he'd made him happy.

".....r..o...y..." Ed croaked. Roy turned around, frown across face showing worry. Ed hadn't really meant to say anything, it just happened. Ed was still unable to open his eyes or move and he wasn't really sure how headman aged to move his mouth or got any words to come out. Roy walked to the side of the bed and smiled, not entirely sure if Edward was even conscious, he crouched down so he was more at Ed's level and lightly kissed his cheek, rubbing small circles across Ed's shoulders and up his neck.

"Shh, it's okay..." Roy whispered soothingly as he carefully picked up the blonde and the bag off the floor. He slung the large, grey bag over his shoulder and held Ed close to his chest, walking to the front desk to sign out. He had five minuets to checkout and catch a fake cab sent by HQ to the newest hotel, this was gonna be interesting alright.... He took the elevator to the ground floor, stepped out and walked up to the from desk trying to ignore the odd looks he was getting. "I'm here to check out.." He mumbled to the pretty woman at the desk who was staring at Mustang with some attraction.