The Mirror

I woke up the next morning only to see the blinding rays of the sun shining through my window. "I'm gonna need some curtains for that soon" I groaned as I got up and did my usual morning routine in my new bathroom. It was okay I guess. It looked old and everything was like vintage. It was like walking in a new time frame. I got out my makeup bag and did some work on my face in front of a pretty vintage mirror. To be honest it was a little spooky. When I washed my face I kept getting the feeling I was being watched and would always look in the mirror to see no one.

          "It's just your silly brain Amanda," I said to myself hoping it was true.

            I walked downstairs and looked around. I took in everything as I tried to find my way around my new 'home'. I managed to find the room I was looking for. The kitchen! I opened the fridge and in disappointed I closed it back. Huh no food!

            At that moment my mum came in and she had McDonald's with her. "Breakfast," she said and waved the paper bag in my face. I grinned amd chowed down to the delishious food. For a moment I actually thought I would like living here.

          My mum enrolled me in a new school  and I start in 3 days.Great just me, Netflix and food for 3 days. But my mum had other plans for me. She wanted me to go out and make friends with our neighbor who apparently has a son my age. So much for alone time... for some reason I can't help but always feel I'm not alone even when I AM alone.