Playing with Fire

It's the second day of summer and also the day my best friends were coming over. Lisa said she and the girls will be here in 1/2 an hour. I already decided they were staying in my room since the guest room would probably freak them out. I managed to fit a couple mattress in and removed my bed so I could sleep on the floor with them.

When they finally arrived their first reaction to the house was "Wow! how can you not like living her Manda?" I shrugged and showed them their/our room. They organised their suitcases and wore some comfy pyjamas. For the first time in a long time we just sat there and talked to each other.

"Hey guys I brought something with me that might spice up our stay here, " Lisa said as she ran to her suitcase and pulled out a board. An oujia board. I immediately knew this was a bad idea. But the others wanted to use it too so I had to agree. Plus my parents were right next door.

Lisa aranged the board on the floor and we all sat in a circle around it. Hannah took the pointer. "Is anybody here?" the pointer moved to 'hello'. I wanted to make them stop it but Lisa continued. "Can we speak with you?" the pointer pointed to 'yes'. "What is your name? " the pointer started to move around the alphabets. R-A-I-N-A. Raina. Why was that name so familiar? "How old are you?" it moved to the number 8. Oh God. "How did you di- What happened to you?" it moved to the letters again G-R-A-N--M-U-R-D-E-R. Shit. "Did your Gran hurt you?" The pointer moved to 'yes'. "Is your gran here?" It moved around and went back to 'yes'. "What is your Gran doing her?" A-M-A-N-D-A. My mouth was wide open and I just froze. "Okay Raina we will talk to you soon okay? Goodbye," The pointer moved S-h-e--I-s--c-o-m-i-n-g. with that the pointet went on the goodbye sign and I was pale.

"That was spooky," Marie finally squeaked out. "I really think we shoudl not talk to Raina anymore," I said staring at the floor. "C'mon guys the oujia board probably is meant to do that. Maybe it has some mechanical stuff in it that moves the pointer around," Lisa stated. I don't think anything mechanical can do that. I am really gonna have nightmares later....