Chapter 3: Catching Feelings

(Louis' P.O.V.)

I awoke to the sound of the blinds being pulled, and I felt the warmth of the sun filter through the window onto my skin. I open my eyes to see Niall standing at the end of my bed with some water and a large pill bottle. He looks at me with a soft smile and makes his way to my side of the bed.

"Hey Louis, I've got a bottle of suppressants that are much stronger than your first ones since you'll be working around alpha's most of the time, who could trigger your heat. Get some rest, the alpha wants you back working tomorrow," Niall says kindly as he places the water and bottle on the nightstand. "Now get some rest, and make sure to take one of those pills."

Once Niall left, I was finally alone with my thoughts. I vaguely remember someone coming to see me last night, and them even getting into bed with me, but that was impossible. I didn't have anyone who would come see me, my family lives miles away, towards the center of town. Must have just been a dream.

Finally deciding to get up, I make my way to the closet and pull out some grey sweatpants and a loose white t-shirt and I brought them to the bathroom. After showering and making myself look slightly presentable I grab the bottle of pills and read the lable. One in the morning and one before bed. Wonderful.

I then made my way to the door and stepped out. Instantly the smell of waffles and bacon hit my nose and I inhaled deeply. I knew I probably shouldn't leave the room because my heat was not over yet, but the suppressants should kick in immediately and I should be fine.

Heading downstairs, I stop before Liam's office. I hope he's not mad at me. I know he's sweet and everything but I messed up the alpha's plans, even if they weren't super important. He hired me to work for him, not use his time going through a frivolous heat. I just sigh and continue downstairs and into the dining room.

I hadn't expected anyone to be in there so when I saw the alpha sitting at the head of the table, eating and reading the newspaper, I cowered slightly. He looked up as soon as I entered, his deep green eyes meeting my nervous blue ones. I sucked in a breath and bowed my head in respect.

"I'm sorry alpha, I had just come down to eat. I didn't realize you were here, I'll just come back later," I said quickly as I began to turn on my heels.

"No Louis," his voice sending shivers up my spine. "Join me, I do not mind a little company."

I gulped as I nodded my head and made my way back towards the table. I knew the alpha requested for me to be with him most of the day when I was working, but I still wasn't fully ready to begin and I hoped he would understand that I needed rest today.

"I-I can't begin working toda-" I was cut short as he raised a hand to stop me.

"I'm not asking you to begin your duties, I'm simply allowing you to join me for breakfast, now come sit down," he said, his voice going deep and his eyes darkening. Not wanting to anger the alpah, I nodded my head.

He stood up suddenly and pulled the chair out next to him and gestured for me to take a seat. As I sat down, I smiled a little to myself. He's such a gentleman. 'Shut up, Louis, you sound like a lovesick mutt' I remind myself. I'm here to work, not drool over our alpha.

A sweet scent suddenly hit my nose as he sat down again. Almost like strawberries and mint. We were sitting inches apart and I realized that it was Harry who smelled so good. It was intoxicating, almost like I could get drunk off his scent alone. I couldn't focus as the food was placed before me, the only thought that was running through my head was don't get hard. Of course, telling yourself to not get hard is not going to stop yourself from getting hard.