Chapter 11: Revelation

(Louis' POV)

The last thing I remember before blacking out was being carried by two strong arms out of the cold and into a familiar looking building. I couldn't tell where we were exactly, and everything was just a blur. But when I was being held in those comforting arms, I felt all of the worries I held float away.

As I floated through a dream filled sleep I dreamt of being home with my family. That we were home and everything was ok again. But this, of course, was too good to be true. Soon enough I was awoken with pain shooting through my body, and laying on a hard bed in a cold room.

"Where am I? What happened?" I asked without opening my eyes. I knew someone was in the room with me, I could hear their breathing.

"We're home Louis. When we were coming back, we were attacked by a rival pack. Everything's ok now, it'll be taken care of." Harry said. His deep, calming voice echoed through the empty room.

I felt a wave of nausea wash over me and in an instant I was sitting up and vomiting into a bag.

"It's just the pain meds. You'll be off them in a few days. If they make you feel worse you can probably stop taking them tomorrow," he said.

Harry was wearing a black jacket and his hair looked wind blown. He had a smear of dried blood whipped across his right cheek. There were dark circles under his eyes and he looked like he hadn't slept a wink, or even changed his clothes.

"How long have we been here? You look like you seriously need some sleep," I said. My voice was still scratchy from screaming in pain. I don't remember much though.

"Don't worry about me, you should be focusing on yourself. We've only been here for 24 hours, Liam has been taking good care of you."

I shook my head in distain but quickly stopped when I felt a painful stab in my neck. When I looked down at my body I groaned. There was a large navy blanket covering my mostly naked body. No wonder I was cold. Scratches littered my arms and a large bandage covered my chest. The attack must have been worse than I thought.

"Come here," I said, "you need sleep." I shifted over to one side of the bed and held the blankets open for him to crawl under. He gave me a conflicted look before he gave in to the exhaustion and stood up.

As he stood up, he slipped off his shoes and jacket before carefully sliding in beside me and slipping his arm around my small frame.

Hours later I heard a door open, bringing me out of the light sleep I was in. I looked up to find Liam standing in the doorway holding a tray with food that smelled heavenly.

"Hungry?" He said, laughing as my stomach grumbled loudly.

"Very," I replied as he walked over to where Harry and I were sleeping. He was still asleep and I didn't want to wake him, so I shifted carefully until I was sitting up and out of his strong grip.

"I brought scrambled eggs and toast. Also there are some pain meds that I put in the water. They shouldn't be as strong as the others so they won't make you sick," Liam said. He sat down on the side of the bed and gave a sympathetic smile.

"How has everything been here?" I asked as I shoved my face with food.

"We've been trying to find out who betrayed Harry. We think it was an insider, and I was hoping you could help me out, Liam said. He looked down at his hands, not meeting my gaze.

"You think someone on the inside told the other pack when the ceremony was going to be held? That's not even possible. Everyone who knew about it was sworn to secrecy, and there were very few of us," I said.