Chapter 6: Preparation

(3rd Person POV)

"Louis, take a seat. I'm about to give you a list of things that need to get done before Harry's mating ceremony. It's very important that things go smoothly," Liam said. They were sitting in his office across from one another while Liam sifted through some papers on his desk.

"Already? But I thought it was in a month," Louis says, a little shocked that already Liam wanted to start preparing.

"What I'm about to tell you is confidential, you can't tell anyone else. Even Harry. His actual ceremony is in a week. We have gotten word about a possible attack wanting to stop him from mating and making the pack stronger. We feel it's safer to do it as soon as possible. If people know then the other pack could find out about his early ceremony," Liam explains.

Louis nods his head slightly, still a little confused about why another pack would want to attack Harry. But Louis didn't know a lot about the pack or any of the business that went on behind closed doors. He just accepted it as it was and let things play out for themselves.

"Here's $500 cash to pick up whatever small things we'll need. If you need more money just ask," Liam said. He handed Louis an envelope with what Louis assumed was the cash. "Oh and here's a list of stuff. Zayn will be accompanying you." Then Liam passed him the list of things to pick up. When Louis left the room he quickly made his way to his room.

Louis had been given special permission to take one of Harry's cars into the pack's small town. He would be able to find everything he needed there. After grabbing the keys off of his dresser, he made his way downstairs to find Zayn. To his surprise, Zayn was already waiting for him.

"So I hear we're going on a little trip?" Zayn asked with a smile.

Together Zayn and Louis drove to town, keeping their conversation minimal. As Zayn drove down the road it gave Louis a chance to collect his thoughts. He had feelings for Harry, this was certain. The ceremony gave him the jitters just thinking about it. He didn't want to see Harry with anybody else. It was supposed to be him that was Harry's mate, he dreamed of it every night when he was younger. Now he has to watch Harry dance with another wolf.

"Everything alright?" Zayn asked from the drivers side. Louis just nodded his head, definitely not wanting to talk about his romantic feelings with Zayn. Louis loved Zayn, but he just wasn't someone you talk about your feelings with, he was the type of person that you go out and have a good time with to forget your problems.

"Yeah, everything's fine. I'm just thinking of some of the stuff we need. I think we should stop at the decoration shop first and then go over to the catering building," Louis suggested, trying to distract Zayn from the sorrow look that had crossed his face a few moments ago.

"Sounds good to me," Zayn said. They arrived in town and Louis smiled. He remembered coming here as a kid and looking into all of the shop windows wishing that his parents would buy him something. Being back now nothing had changed. There was still a small flower shop on the corner run by an old lady with many little pup grandchildren. And there was the bakery a few shops down that served the best cake and where they would be getting the desserts for the ceremony.

Louis stepped out of the car in the decoration store parking lot and made his way inside with Zayn trailing slowly behind. Louis knew that he needed streamers, tablecloths, table decorations and some wall decorations. He quickly decided that the theme would be black, white, and light blue.

After finding the decorations Louis's stomach decided to rumble. Zayn quickly suggested that they go and find something to eat and Louis of course would not turn down food. The two of them eventually found a small diner to eat lunch at. They found an empty booth in the corner and took seats across from each other.