Chapter 13: I am Yours

(3rd Person POV)

The feelings Louis had towards Harry were undeniable. There was this pull, this yearning to fulfill the alpha's needs that he just couldn't ignore. But the more he thought about it, the more it scared him. What if he wasn't good enough? He was just a kid who got a job working for the alpha and the pack. He never could have imagined that he was the alpha's mate. This was every Omega's dream, so why was he holding back? Louis knew the answer to this question, he just hated to admit it. Was he really ready to give up everything he knew for the good of the pack and the alpha?

Being the alpha's mate meant a huge amount of responsibility would be put on him. He also knew that he could not deny his soulmate. Fate will always have a way of bringing them back together, whether he would want it or not. Finally Louis had made up his mind. It was time to give in to his desires. It wouldn't be easy, but he was finally ready to take the next step. Harry already knew Louis was his mate, and he could have forced Louis into a relationship. But instead he let Louis come to terms with it on his own. That is how Louis knew he was in love.

The days went by very quickly for both boys. Louis and Harry spent as much time together as possible while Louis tried time and time again to build up the courage to talk to Harry. Finally one evening he had the perfect opportunity. It was a chilly, rainy night and Harry and Louis were seated in one of the cozy sitting rooms. They sat across from each other on separate couches, only a coffee table in between them. There was a soft fire burning in the fireplace that let off a warm glow and sent shadows dancing across the room. It was dim, the only light coming from the fire.

Louis cleared his throat softly and looked at Harry seated across from him. The alpha had his feet propped up on the coffee table. "I wanted to tell you something." Louis finally said.

"Go ahead," spoke Harry in his deep, rough yet gentle voice. He leaned back against the backrest portion of the couch and placed his hands behind his head and closed his eyes.

Louis took a deep breath. "I've been thinking a lot lately," he gave a small pause. "I know we are mates, I'm not blind. But I had to come to terms with what that meant. I have decided that it means that I am yours unconditionally. Through the good and the bad. I wanted to make sure I had feelings for you, I wanted to make sure I loved you. There is no point in a relationship without love."

Harry opened his eyes as Louis took another breath and continued on. "I want to be yours. I want to be your omega, but I also want to be the person you love and trust and will come to about anything. I don't know how you feel and where you want to go from here, but I've laid my cards out on the table. I think it's time you showed me yours."

As Louis finished speaking he sank back into his couch. He felt relieved about his revelation, but also anxious to know what Harry was thinking. He knew that whatever happened now, it was out of his hands. If Harry couldn't love him back then he had no choice but to give up.

Harry's mind was reeling from what Louis had just said. No one had ever stood up to him like that and told him how it was. He was so used to everyone trying to please him, he had forgotten what it was like to have a normal conversation where both people said what they wanted to. He also had no idea what to say to Louis as this had come out of nowhere. Of course he loved Louis, probably more than he had loved anyone. It seemed that both boys had pushed back their feelings, trying to protect the other. And with the attack, matters of love were put on hold.

"Louis of course I love you, I love you so much you have no idea. From the moment you stepped into this house all those months ago, I knew you were the one. And not just because of the stupid bind that ties us. You have this self-assurance about you that makes your personality magnetic. I knew I wanted to get to know you, but I was scared. I have already lost so much, I can't lose you too. I've tried to show you that I care, but I'm afraid I haven't tried hard enough. Thank you for your honesty with me, but are you sure you're ready for this?" Harry hadn't planned on pouring his heart out, but it came so easily when talking to Louis.