Chapter 7: Ceremony

Chapter 7: Ceremony
(3rd Person POV)

Tonight was the night. It was the night that Harry would finally become leader, finally pick a mate, and finally begin his duties to the pack. All of the eligible omegas were given invitations, and the rest of the pack was instructed to stay silent about the ceremony. When the time was finally ready, the pack would be waiting outside to watch the mating occur between the alpha and the chosen omega.

Louis was anxious to say the least. Everything he had been working towards is happening tonight, and whatever did happen would change the course of his life drastically. Not to mention the fact that the alpha that he had fallen so hard for was going to be choosing an omega tonight, and he'd have to watch the whole mating process. He didn't know if he would even be able to  watch, knowing that it wasn't him up there and that it could never possibly be him.

"Louis, you're needed in Liam's office now," Niall said as he peeked his head into Louis' room.

"Ok, tell him I'll be there right away," Louis replied as he lifted his head off of the bed he was laying on to look at his new friend. Niall left with a quick nod of his head.

Feeling upset, and not wanting to move, Louis finally stood up and looked in the mirror. His hair was a mess and there were dark circles under his eyes, but this wouldn't stop him. He had to push through. After today he would slowly have to accept that he meant nothing to Harry and there was no point in moping and getting depressed over it. He would just have to accept his fate, even if that meant pushing Harry away in order to get over him.

Finally arriving at Liam's office, he knocked three times before pushing the door open. Inside Liam sat behind his desk, and on the other side sat Zayn with his arms crossed, looking serious. Louis knew this couldn't be good  with the expressions on both of their faces.

"You asked to see me?" Louis said as he made his way over to sit down next to Zayn. He knew that Liam hadn't told Zayn about being pregnant yet, and he wasn't about to intervene if that's what this is about.

"As you know, the ceremony is in a few hours. We have top security coming this evening and of course, only unmated omega's will be allowed in. Because of this, neither me or Zayn can be in there, so we're putting you in charge of watching over Harry tonight. If anything happens, your job is to get him out and as far away from here as possible. No matter what. Understand?" Liam said, his voice cold and serious.

"Yes, but why are you telling me this now. You must know something is going to happen, otherwise you wouldn't have me on high alert. Have you heard anything? You must know a small omega like me can't save someone like him."

"Louis, we have caught wind of something but at this very minute, it is being handled. This ceremony must happen tonight, something is going to go down very soon and we need our leader mated and with pups on the way. Just in case anything happens to him. There is no going back now, so we just have to do the best we can with what we've got," Zayn said, looking Louis directly in the eyes, intimidating him.

Louis took a deep breath and paused. There was a feeling in the pit of his stomach that something might go wrong, but they really didn't have a choice. It was now or never.

"Alright, I'll do my best," and with that, Louis left to go find Harry.

***

7:58. Two minutes. Both Louis and Harry took a deep breath. They stood outside the massive ballroom with the doors closed. Harry had been informed of the ceremony after Louis had left Liam and Zayn alone. He had taken it as Louis had expected. Rationally. He showed no emotion of weather he was happy or not, and his eyes gave nothing away. They had gotten ready in silence. Harry was dressed in all back, upon request. His hair was pulled back out of his face that held no emotion.