Chapter 14

"Forgiven," I said. 

"Why is it that you forgive Freddie so easily but not Elle! She made a long trip here just for you!" Mum scolded me. "Cause what Freddie did didn't cause death. Why are you on her side?" I asked.

"She's sorry. What happened was the past, forget about it and move on!" Mum yelled.

------------

Today :

I took a cab to the church. I walked in, thinking about my life and what Freddie said yesterday.

"You have a choice to move on, I'm just saying. Its your choice but its what best for you," Freddie said. "I'm perfectly fine. I don't even know why I'm talking to you. Ever since his death, I had trouble trusting people and I didn't talk anymore but.. you came into my life and I talked again," I said.

"Just like how Percy did. Its funny, you two did it the same way, saved me from attempting suicide and made me talk again," I smiled to myself. "Maybe its a sign?" Freddie laughed. "A sign of what? That you're secretly Percy?" I laughed.

Whenever I'm with Freddie, he somehow cheered me up and forget about the cold things that happened in my life. I was glad to have a friend like him.

"How long must I pray to you?" I sat at those church seats and looked to the floor. "I have just one wish, to have Percy back. Please," I said.

"Your mum told me you were here," a familiar voice said. I turned around and saw Freddie. "Without him I feel like nothing. I feel hopeless like nothing can save me," I said to Freddie.

-------------

A few months before..

"You changed me into someone better, thank you," I smiled. He lied down on the bed next to me and held my hand. "Your welcome," Percy kissed my lips passionately. 

I pinched his shirt and pulled it forward. Then, he let go of the kiss. He hugged my waist and locked eyes with me. 

"You know, I think we're destinied to be together," Percy smiled. I giggled and hugged him back.

------

Today: 

Freddie drove me back home and I invited him in. I took out my laptop that I hadn't used for quite a long time and onned it. "Hey, you have a webcam on that?" Freddie asked. 

I nodded without looking at him as I was typing the password to my laptop. "Great, lets do this thing girls do everytime," Freddie laughed. "No, I'm not that kind of girl," I said. "Come on, pretend this is a photo booth. Please?" Freddie gave me his puppy dog eyes. 

"Fine. But stop doing those eyes or I'll slap you silly," I laughed. 

We took a number of photos and kept laughing. And then we didn't notice that we fell asleep. My head lied on his shoulder and his lied on my head.

When I woke up, I looked up and saw Freddie's head. My neck was aching. "Hey Fred, wake up," I pushed him a little. "Wha--what?" Freddie rubbed his eyes. "We fell asleep," I said as I sat up straight.  

"But last night was awesome huh?" Freddie said. I couldn't rememeber anything. I looked around and saw feathers on the floor. Seems like we had a pillow fight.