Chapter 16

"No! There's still a guy inside," Mrs Anderson yelled. Freddie! He's still in there! Another fire truck came and a few fire man came out. The previous ones were injured and the ones that were not injured are putting the fire out.

"Mr Fireman. Please help me, my friend went in there to save the lady and he's still not out yet!" I panicked. "I thought everyone was out? Oh no, there was an explosion in there earlier!" He yelled. He ordered his teamates to find Freddie and bring him out safely. 

"Freddie, where are you?" I whispered to myself. I got worried. Few seconds later, a loud sound came from the house, it might have been an explosion. Then, a few fireman carried Freddie on their shoulders and put him on a stretcher. His eyes were closed and his body was black due to the fire. I couldn't really see any injuries on his body due to the ashes. 

Paramedics rushed to him and checked if he was still breathing. I ran to one of the paramadics and asked, "Is he alive?". 

"Yes he is, we're going to send him to the hospital," he answered. "I'm going with him," I said. "Me too," Mrs Anderson said. "But you have to rest," the paramedic said. "I'm fine, nothing is wrong with me," Mrs Anderson said.

"Suit yourself," the paramedic shrugged and got in the ambulance with the other paramedics, Mrs Anderson and me. "Is he your new..boyfriend?" Mrs Anderson asked. 

The paramedic I talked to before, Philip (I read his name tag), was the only paramedic behind, the rest were still at the house as quite a few fireman were injured. He was listening to our conversation.

"No..Not really," I said. "Anyways, I came to see you," I said. 

"I wanted to ask you a question..Have you ever seen Percy?" I asked. "What? That's a crazy question," Mrs Anderson said. I just stared at her. I could see in her eyes that she actually had seen him.

"Yes, I've seen him...Wait, you've seen him too right?" Mrs Anderson leaned forward. I nodded. 

"He talks to me and I don't listen," I said. "He always wanted me to go and talk to you but I've been so busy," she said. "We're here," Philip said.

Oops, I forgot Philip was there, yikes. The other paramedics at the front seats and some of the paramedics in the hospital rushed Freddie in. When Mrs Anderson said she was fine, the paramedics took her into a ward and did some weird stuff paramedics, nurses and doctors should do.

After half an hour or what, the doctor came out and asked for me. "Yes Doctor?" I walked towards him. "Freddie burnt his left hand and leg, the scar is not so obvious but it hurts," the doctor flipped over some papers in his clipboard. I find it cool though, when they do that. 

I nodded. "His bones nearly got broken from an explosion in the fire, some bricks fell on him but he has got strong bones. It isn't really that serious but it hurts very much, he was a brave young man to do that," the doctor smiled and walked away. I walked inside the ward and saw Freddie sitting there watching the TV. I scanned him from head to toe and pitited him. His face had a slight burn too. This is all my fault. 

"Why were you so stupid to run in there?!" I yelled. "Hey, I was just helping. By the time the other fire truck arrived, Percy's mum would've already died! I did that for you ok?!" Freddie yelled. "Why the heck did you do that?!" I yelled back.

I knew it was stupid to ask that question because I knew the answer. 

Freddie looked at me and then turned back to the TV. "You look so hurt--"

"I was hurt eversince you left when I told you about how I felt. You just walked away," Freddie interrupted me, yelling. "Whats the point if I don't love you, Freddie?" I asked. "But you do, I can see it in your eyes! The way you talk to me, the way you laugh with me and alot more. Why are you denying it?!" Freddie yelled angrily. I looked at him and his eyes were filled with tears.

"Just leave ok?"Freddie took a deep breath. I looked down and walked out. He was talking the truth, I did love him but why am I denying it? What I didn't know was Mrs Anderson was standing by the door, she heard it all. Tears left my eyes as I looked at her and ran out of the hospital and hailed for a cab.

 ---

I knocked on the door and Ashley opened it. "Eloise?" Ashley looked at me, suprised. "Babe! Who is it?" Kevin yelled at the back. Suddenly, Kevin's head popped out next to Ashley's. 

"No more being depressed?" Kevin raised his eyebrow. "Not funny Kevin. Come in," Ashley smiled. I walked in and sat on the couch. "Why are you here?" Kevin asked. "I should move on right?" I asked Ashley and Kevin. "Its the best. You don't want to die alone right? Wait, there's someone who's in love with you right?" Ashley asked. 

I nodded. 

"You looked hurt when you appeared at my door. Who is it?" Ashley asked. I looked at her wondering if I could trust her. "You can trust me," Ashley smiled. Kevin, who was sitting next to her, leaned forward as if he was interested. 

"Freddie," I said slowly. "That dude you hang out with?" Kevin laughed. "Coming here was a mistake. I was lost and I thought my friends could help me," I said angrily. "Your friends? We weren't your friends anymore eversince Percy died, you suddenly stopped talking to us and ignroed us whenever we talked to you," Kevin stood up from his seat. I stood up and ran out of the house.

----

I walked out of class and a few girls stared at me. Then, I knew why. 

"Why would Freddie ever like you? His wonderful brown hair, dimples and amazing blue eyes does not suit urm, ugly you," Ally said. Ashley told.. ASHLEY TOLD.

I walked angrily to Ashley's locker but then, someone pulled me to the side. "How could you?! You told Kevin and he told the basketball team and they told everyone they knew! Stop hurting me, I'm begging you," Freddie's face looked as if it was going to explode. He was about to cry and angry at the same time. Then, he purposely hit his shoulder on mine and walked away. 

Then, Kevin walked past me. "KEVIN!" I yelled for him.

 "You told the basketball team?!" I yelled. Kevin's face didn't look guilty at all. "Oops, sorry," Kevin acted as if he was sorry. Then, I slapped him. 

I walked away, I turned my head aroudn slightly and saw him following me. I got scared and walked even faster, I regreted slapping him. "Eloise!" he yellled my name.

I ran out of school without turning back.