3: Tears

Annabeth stared at the blue door. Her hand was poised above the doorbell, wondering whether she should press it. Annabeth's thoughts were fuzzy. She couldn't think straight. Suddenly the door flew open and Percy stood there, framed in the doorway.

"Annabeth? What are you doing here? Wait, never mind, don't answer that, come inside. Its five degrees out there and you're only wearing a hoodie," Percy said.

He guided Annabeth inside, gently. She followed blindly, only feeling Percy's arms around her. Annabeth's thoughts were consumed by what had just happened. She had no room for anything else.

"Annabeth?" Percy's voice came again. "What's wrong?"

They were on the sofa now, side by side, legs touching. Annabeth shook her head. She couldn't talk right now. Percy seemed to understand. He hugged her, letting her bury her head in his chest.

"You can tell me anything, you know," Percy said, stroking her hair gently.

Annabeth pulled away.

"My-my dad. He- he's in a coma. He got in an accident. And- and the doctors said he might not wake up."

Percy just stared at her for a moment. Tears started to run down Annabeth's face. Saying it made it feel real. She hadn't cried when they told her- she kept telling herself to be strong, for Bobby and Matthew, and for Helen. But now, alone with Percy, she couldn't help it.

Percy held her as she sobbed. She cried her heart out, not caring that she probably looked a mess or that Percy's shirt was wet with her tears. Percy whispered words of comfort. She couldn't hear what he was saying but it helped. Just a little.

Finally Annabeth's sobs quietened down. Percy was still hugging her.

"Annabeth, it'll be okay. I'm here for you, okay?"

Annabeth nodded blindly. She didn't know what she would do without Percy. She had been stuck in the hospital, until she couldn't take it anymore and just ran. Now Annabeth had cried herself out, and she was tired, so tired. Almost in a dream, Percy led her to his bedroom and tucked her in.

"Sleep, Wise Girl. You need it. I'll be on the sofa if you need me, okay? Just call," he said standing up.

He was almost at the door when Annabeth said, "Percy? Can you stay? Please?"

He nodded. "Okay."

Percy walked over to the bed and crawled in beside her. Annabeth turned towards him. She felt herself drifting into sleep- safe in the knowledge that Percy was there, and nothing could hurt her.

A/N
Kay, so I think I enjoyed writing that a little too much. But agh! Percabeth!! Im sorry if that was really sad and depressing but I liked the idea so. Its super random. Anyways thanks for reading and hope you didn't die from feels. (Cue fangirly squeal.)

~Dreamchaser