5; A Hunters Law

CHAPTER FIVE

_____________

_____________

BOTH SCOTT AND HOPE STOOD by the huntress. "So... you're just letting us go?" Hope mused, glancing back at her friends who stood by the beat up Jeep.

Araya nodded, "I sent four men out to where Kate was rumored to have been seen." She stated, "None of them came back. Let's see if you can do better."

Scott frowned slightly, "You could've just told us she was alive."

"You wouldn't have believed me." The leader told the two, "Now I know what kind of Alpha you are. And where your next step lies."

"What next step?" Hope frowned, looking towards her Alpha. Despite being the female leader, Scott was the True Alpha.

"When you take the bite of an innocent, when you make a wolf of your own, when you do that, then, I will cross your border and come knocking at your door. Pleasure meeting you, Hope." She stated as Scott walked over to the pack.

"Huh?"

"You do not know?" She hummed as Hope shook her head, "You are the Hidden Mikealson." She told the blonde before walking off, leaving a confused blonde haired beauty.

"So what now?" Stiles asked, unconsciously wrapping an arm around his girlfriend.

"She thinks she knows where we can find Derek." Hope mused as Scott nodded.

"She gonna tell us where?" Malias being the blunt person she asked spoke up.

"Uh, actually," Scott muttered, "She's giving us a guide." He stated as the loud purr of a Harley Davidson motorbike slowed in front of them, dust trailing behind.

"You know her?" Stiles questioned his girlfriend who nodded, eyeing the brunette who had saved both her and Issac from the Alpha Twins.

"Braeden." She stated as the dark skinned woman kicked the stand of her bike.

"Who's Braeden?"

"She's a mercenary." Hope tilted her head as the slim woman strolled over.

"Right now," Breadon stated, "I'm the only one who's gonna take you to la iglesia."

"The Church?" Frowned Hope, in thought.

Stiles leaned into his girlfriend, "What's The Church?"

"It's not a place you'll find God." She stated, "C'mon, hurry." She said, before driving off, the teens hurrying to Stiles Jeep. The back of Stiles jeep was surprisingly large so four people in the back was much of a tight fit.

The drive was silent, Hopes mind wondering to Allison, her aunt now alive brought up more memories.

"-Okay, I'll ask. Who's Kate Argent?" Malia asked, followed by Kira who added,

"Uh, I'd like to know, too." Hope was confused before remembering they were new to the pack.

"Well, we were at her funeral." Grumbled Stiles, "So, I'd like to know how she got out of a casket that was buried six feet underground."

"She was never in it." Scott stated.

Sighing Hope glanced up as no one else answered, "She was Allison's aunt." She said as Kira sat back, guilt over her face, glancing at their pain stricken faces, "And a total sociopath."

"You don't have to talk about it now if you don't want to."

"Um, yes, he does." Malias stated, still new to the human emotions.

Scott frowned, "Yeah, she's right. You guys should know. You need to know. Kate was the one who set the fire that killed most of Derek's family."

"Some of them survived, like Cora, and Peter." Stiles said, eyes on the road as he followed the bike.

"A very angry Peter." Lydia added, pursing her red glossed lips.

"Yeah, he's the one who bit and turned me." Hope squeezed Scotts shoulder in comfort as he talked, easing his stiff posture, he smiled softly at her.

Lydia nodded, "And the one who finally caught up to Kate and killed her."

"And we saw her buried." Stiles told them.

Scott frowned, shaking his head. "No. We saw a casket, remember?"

"She wasn't in it." Hope said, beginning to tell the story Ayala had told both her and Scott, "The Calaveras heard that Kate had been killed by an Alpha's claws. They wanted to make sure she was really dead. Her body was healing. More and more, as she got closer to a full moon. She was coming back. So they switched out the bodies. If a hunter is bit, they have to take their own life before they change. The Calaveras, they treat the code like law. They make it their responsibility to enforce it."

Malia spoke up, "Good for her. I wouldn't do it either." Hope hummed, agreeing.

"Would you kill half a dozen people to get out?" Scott said theoretically, "Because that's what she did."

"So," Kira mumbled, glancing up, "Kate's a werewolf now?"

"I don't know." Hope answered, "You know, there's a saying, sometimes the shape you take reflects the person you are."

"What kind of shape is sociopathic bitch?-" Lydia did before being cut off by a loud bang, Stiles swerving the Jeep. Hope instantly held Lydia back as both Kira and ducked.

Breathing in deeply Hope glanced around the Jeep, "Everyone alright?" She questioned getting, 'yes' and 'yeahs' in response. Quickly opening the door she was met with Breaden.

"What happened?" She mused, helmet under under her arm.

"I don't know." Stiles shrugged from beside Hope, "It felt like we hit something."

Braeden turned to Scott, "Scott, we need to get there by night. It's too dangerous otherwise."

Hope walked over to the Jeep as she heard tell him to go followed by the loud revving of the HD engine. She checked the tires, frowning.

"Stiles," She gulped staring at the large bone like knife in her hand, "I don't think we hit something. I think something hit us."

___________

LIKE AND COMMENT FOR MORE! :)

.