7; A New Day

CHAPTER SEVEN

    A NEW DAY IN BEACON HILLS HAD ARRIVED, Hope walked into her school, passing the sign where the Hale vault lay under

    A NEW DAY IN BEACON HILLS HAD ARRIVED, Hope walked into her school, passing the sign where the Hale vault lay under. Yesterday was a tiring day, Derek had been kidnapped by Kate Argent for the Hale triscalion only for Peter and Derek to be robbed of 117 million dollars, in good news though, teenage Derek was now back to his brooding self.

Dressed in her lacrosse gear she made her way over to Scott and Stiles who leant against the bleachers. "Hey!" Hope smiled as she made her way over to the two brunettes.

"Hey babe."

"Sup."

Both said she made her way beside Stiles, "What's up?" She mused, tucking a strand of blonde hair behind her ear.

"Scott thinks he might not still be Captain." Stiles shrugged, smiling softy at his girlfriend before turning to Scott.

"You got your grades up just like Coach told you to, right?" Hope asked, is he did he would still be captain.

Scott nodded, "Yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team." Scott shrugged as Hope watched new faces make their way to the field to practice before school starts, "He just told me to show up at tryouts today."

"We got bigger things to deal with anyway." Stiles stated the obvious, "Did you tell Argent yet?" He asked, referring of Kate Argent suddenly alive.

"Ah." Scott nodded, "I texted him but he didn't get back to me."

Gaping both boyfriend and girlfriend stared at their friend, "You told him his sister Kate came back from the dead over a text?" They questioned in unison.

Scott shrugged, looking like a kicked puppy, ignoring their in sync speaking before responding, "I didn't have the money to call France."

Stiles sighed, "Yeah, you think you got money problems? Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen House." He shook his head, sadly. Hope sighed, her mother was having financial problems too but the sheriff was worse, along side the stress of the supernatural.

"Another notice?"

"Yeah, this one said, 'Final.' Now, what the hell are we even doing here anyway?" Smiled shook of the topic, "We got like a 117 million problems-"

"-literally." Hope huffed, crossing her padded arms, referring to the millions stolen last night from the underground secret Hale vault.

Stiles nodded, pointing to his girlfriend as she looked towards the field once more, "-And worrying about our status on the lacrosse team is not one of them." Stiles finished.

Both Stiles and Scotts head shot up as Hope spoke, "It is now." She told them, eyeing a teen in goal, catching every. Single. One.

"Who the hell is that?" Stiles practically growled out as Scott straightened his shoulders.

"Nice, Liam." Hope recognised her teammate, Garrett call, "You might just be our first ever freshman captain!"

Stiles shrugged, tilting his head, nodding, "Okay... maybe we should just practice a little bit."

The three teens instantly went to the field, eyeing the teen as he practiced. He was an excellent Lacrosse player but stiles had thought he was supernatural.

Hence why they were cornering a young Fresheman in the locker room when the rest of the players had left.

"-Hey, Liam. You want to explain what that was out there?"

Liam, or Dunbar that was on his old Lacrosse shirt, stared at Stiles, "What do you mean?" He asked in pure confusion.

"That little display." Stiles groaned, pointing to the door, "Your little circus act."

"What circus act?" Hope huffed at Liam's answer, she knew her boyfriend was most of the time correct about things but she sincerely doubted he was a supernatural.

"You caught every shot."

"I was in goal."

Stiles groaned, leaning his head back, "Yeah, but nothing, not a single shot got past you." He pronounced slowly.

Liam nodded, "Yeah, I was the goalie." He looked between the three, "You guys played this game before?"

Ignoring the question Hope spoke up, "You're a freshman, right?" Although it was more of a statement- the teen answered,

"Yeah."

"..But you weren't here last semester." Stiles trailed off as Hope could hear his heartbeat rise.

"I transferred from Devenford Prep." He answered as his heart bet at a faster pace.

"You transferred?" Hope raised a perfectly plucked brow at the teen. "You sure?" She asked his his heartbeats went haywire.

"Yeah."

"Nah," Hope tilted her head, "You got kicked out, didn't you?"

"All right." Liam spoke loudly, "Look! Kicked out or transferred, what do you guys care?" He shouted before calming himself down, nails digging into his hands, "I came here to play lacrosse. The team could use a few good players, right?"

"No." Stiles said, instantly, "No, we don't need any more good players." He three his arms his the air as Hope nearly got slapped, "Oh, sorry, babe." He muttered camping down as Hope could only snicker.

"Actually, we could sort of use a couple." Scott muttered, sheepishly as he scratched his neck.

Seeing his girlfriend nod he flared his arms around, "Okay, how'd you get this good? Have you always been this good? Or did it suddenly happen just once over night. Have you ever been out in the middle of the woods during the night of a full-"

"-Stiles." Hope shook her head.

Liam hummed staring at the three of them oddly, "Look, I learned from my stepfather, all right? He made team captain when he was a sophomore. Like you." He nodded to Scott, slinging his bag over his shoulder, walking out the locker room, "And yeah... I guess I'm just that good."

Scott smirked, "He wasn't lying that time."

____________