Chapter | Seventeen

17 | REAPERS NEAR
_________

SHE HAD MANY CLOSE CALLS WITH death but nearly being decapitated after her Lacrosse game by a Thermo-cut wire was far by the closed call.

Both she and Brett -who Lydia had found out was a werewolf and on the second half on the deadpool- had been cut by the Assassin (although Brett was much worse as he was only a werewolf) who used a rare wolves bane. Deaton obviously came to the rescue saving them both.

As always.
_______

That was yesterday, now Stiles, Lydia and Hope walked into the Police station looking for the Deputy of Beacon Hills - who also happens to be on the second part of the Dead pool list.

"Your dad should be back within the hour." Speak of the devil, Hope thought. She glanced at the tanned man they were looking for as he began talking to the three teens, "You want to wait in his office?"

"Actually," Hope glanced up at the man in uniform, "We want to talk to you." She added.

Lydia nodded, "Privately." Nodding the Deputy led them to the Sheriffs office as it was the only enclosed room.

Silently handing the list to him, Stiles stepped back as the three teens awaited a reaction from him.

"This is a hit list?"

At Parrish' questions Stiles shrugged, blinking at the man, "We call it a Dead Pool." He said slowly, dark bags around his eyes from the night before as he was too worried for his near dead girlfriend.

"Recognise any of the names?" Hope mused, peering up at the man who glanced down at the list.

The Beacon Hills Deputy nodded, "Yeah." He said, "The Sheriff had me run a bunch of these through the system last night. But we couldn't find any of them." He added.

Stiles sighed, glancing at Lydia who was closer to the man, "Show him the other thing." He said glancing at the folded piece of paper.

Parrish watched as Lydia unfolded the paper eyes widening at his name of the hit list, "Okay." He pronounced the words slowly, "That's kind of terrifying. What's the number?"

JORDAN PARRISH 5

He glanced up from the sheet as Hope winced, "That's how much you're worth." She stated as he frowned, eying it.

"I'm worth five dollars?"

"Million." Hope muttered, "You're worth Five Million."

"I only make forty thousand a year." He whispered to himself, "Maybe I should kill myself. I don't get it. Why... Why am I on this?" He stammered.

"Honestly, that might be a question for another day." Stiles told him, "Right now, there's still another third of the list we gotta crack."

"We need the third cipher key." Lydia glanced up, "But we need help getting it." She offered a tight lipped smile.

"From who?"

"Meredith." Hope told him, speaking up for Lydia who winced at the name.

"The girl from Eichen?" Parrish snorted slightly, "The last time she saw her, she almost gave her a nervous breakdown." He told Hope, speaking of Lydia making her raise a brow at his harsh words.