Chapter | Sixteen

16 | BLOOD SENSES
__________

THE LACROSSE PITCH AND STANDS were packed, filled to the brim with people. In those stands sat the Mikealson family, watching the daughter of Klaus and Hayley run onto the pitch, Lacrosse helmet in hand.

Eyes trained on the teen- they watched as she neared two teens, "Shouldn't we do something now?" A feminine voice asked as Hope stood beside the girl.

"We can't." Hope told the Asian girl. The girl protested making Hope sigh, "Kira, we're still not really sure if it's really him. And if we're wrong, then the real assassin gets away."

Kira let out a shaky breath as both Alphas eyed her slightly trembling form, "Nervous?" Scott asked. Kira nodded making Hope glance up from tying her shoes.

"About someone trying to kill us?" She mused, "Or about playing your first game?" She asked as Kira muttered a shy, 'Both'.

"Stiles!" Hope called as the teen kissed her cheek sitting on the bench, speaking into the phone.

"Hey, Dad, you're supposed to be here." He frowned, "Where the hell are you?" He asked as the voice mail beeped.

"I'm going to talk to Liam." She told them, waving as she walked to a dark skinned freshman and the smaller one.

"-I don't care if he's a foot taller than me." The pale skinned teen rambles, "I think I can take him."

"Hey Mason." She giggled as the chisled teen nodded in greeting continuing to ogle the blonde captain of the opposite team.

"What do you think you're doing?" The smaller freshman sighed, following Hopes like of vision where she watched his friend making heart eyes at his ex team mate.

"What? Me?" He scoffed, "Agreeing with you. I'm being agreeable." He nodded to himself in a slight daze as the blondes shirt lifted, shaking a set of rock hard abs.

"Liam-" Hope gestured to his friends drooling state making him sigh.

"You think he's hot," Liam spoke up, "Don't you?" He tilted his head.

"No! No. Not at all. No way! Maybe." He cringed, "Yeah, maybe a little." He trailed off as Hope continued to watch the friends banter.

"He wants to destroy me." Liam added.

"I think you could definitely take him." Mason said before eyeing him him and down, "..And then give him to me." Liam nor Hope could hold in their chuckles.

"You two!" Coach called, slapping both Liam and Hope on the backs with full force, "Kick their smug prep school asses!" He grinned as both Liam and Hope cheered, huddling with the rest of the team.

Klaus smiled watching as her team mates patted her backs in respect for the Co-captain as she neared them. she glanced back as
Kira neared her, "Why do I feel like this is going to end badly?" She mused.

"Because it usually does."

_____________

Hope stood behind Scott and both he and the other team captain waited for the whistle to blow. She sighed as Scott glanced up, gripping his Lacrosse stick. "Brett, I know you guys feel like you owe Liam some payback for what he did but could you just hold off for one night? Trust me. One night." He practically pleaded.

Brett nodded, "Yeah, I can do that." He told him as Hope snorted, hearing his heartbeat skip.

"Really?"

Brett chuckled, "No." he grinned as the Ref blew the whistle, scooping up the ball, passing to a team mate, instantly scoring making the Hybrid wince.

She knew they were going to lose.

"Martin!" Coach called as the Co-captain of the opposing team bent down waiting for her, "Your turn." He called. Nodding she walked towards the middle of the field, crouching down eyeing the large muscular teen across from her.

"You guys know that anabolic steroids are illegal in the United States?" She asked, brows raised at the hairy teen, "You wear a lot of facial hair for a teenager. What are you on?" She asked as he halted at her, "Seriously? HGH? Gamma radiation?" As the whistle was blown she scooped the ball up with immense speed, realising the ball from her stick, throwing it in the direction of Kira.

"Run Kira!" She could faintly hear Stiles over the loud cheering as Kira sprinted past the teens on the field, sighing left and right, "Run, Kira, run!"

"Pass it!" Hope called, she knew Kira would be put out, risking more danger for the the supernaturals on field without another pair of eyes, "Kira, pass the ball!"

She sighed as Kira scored the ball, the cheers were falling deaf on her ears as he caught the eye of the supposed assassin Liam had told them was the one who paid for the Keg at her boat house.

The Mikealsons were growing worried. Hope was completely out of it, eyeing everyone on the field, looking around wildly.

They watched as Liam and Hope ran toward the opposite team, desperately trying to keep themselves at bay as she fell in the grass, crying out in pain. Worst of all the stench of blood made its way toward their senses.

__________

PLEASE LIKE AND COMMENT.

Honestly it's gives me so much motivation when I see people liking my chapters alongside commenting.

Thanks so much to those who do!

Xxx

__________