Chapter | Twenty One

21 | DEATH COUNTDOWN

REBEKAH HUMMED, PAINTING her nails a dark red, the large platinum across from her sounds; a Local News station Elijah was watching still playing.

Hayley sighed, closing her magazine over. "When'll we see Hope?" The mother asked her family.

"Not now." Nicklaus told his 'former one night stand' as he used to call her.

"Why?!" Hayley snapped, "Do you know want to see your daughter!"

"Of course I do!-"

"-Guys!"

Davina Claire cut the parents off, staring wide eye at the television. Both Hayley and Klaus snapped their heads in the witches direction, yelling out a loud, "What?!"

The Claire witch pointed to the television. The local high school was being filmed, police surrounding the building.

"Not much of known of what the happening in Beacon Hills High school are all about." A new presenter stated, microphone to her lips as she talked, gesturing to the local school behind her. "Students were sitting their exams before the CDC was called immediately. No one is allowed in or out."

"Hopes doing her exam today." Hayley muttered, wide eye at the screen.

The camera spun to show the girl they recognised as Lydia running to the Sherif.
"Sheriff! Sheriff!" She called out as some deputy's tried to stop her.

"Whoa, hey!" He called, "I know this girl, let her in." The officered nodded, lifting the tape.

"My sister and mom are in there." She breathed out, "What's happening?"

"We're working on it." The sheriff replied before the news cut.

"Doesn't look like it." Klaus Mikealson stood up. "You guys coming or not?" He asked as he walked to the door, grabbing his car keys.

____________
H O P E POV

"They're looking for us." Scott tied to assure the group as they looked for a way out the vault. "Someone's going to have to go out there." He said, although more like trying to assure himself.

"We need to tell her the truth about Peter." Hope sighed, glancing at Malia Tate or Hale as she should be called biologically. "She's going to see the rest of the dead pool eventually."

"Try to remember that Peter is the one name missing on that list." Stiles told his girlfriend. "Which either makes him incredibly lucky with a benefactor, she finds out about him she's going to go to him, you know she is."

Hope watched as he began to rant, breathing deeply. "And then he's going to twist his way into her head like he does with everyone. Including us." Stiles stated, "We let him walk around like nothing ever happened, like he's one of the good guys... Babe, he's not one of the good guys. If she finds out about him, she's gone. That's probably what he's waiting for and if he wins, we lose."

"We're already losing." She muttered face slick with sweat.

She huffed, sliding down to wall, sitting along with the rest. Breathing out deeply she glanced around for any exit, only to find she couldnt seen. "Stiles," Se whimpered.